Pocket TV Browser

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby Axel » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:15 pm

Fantastic!

I've been using PTVB since 2003 and was worried that I wouldn't be able to get it working again. I followed the directions yesterday and it worked great. I was waiting for a procedure that I felt comfortable tackling. I paid the subscription fee right after I got it working. Thank you to all who worked to get the set up simplified, and especially to Jim for the great directions. :D

Axel
Axel
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:55 pm

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby brownster » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:32 am

Axel wrote:Fantastic!

I've been using PTVB since 2003 and was worried that I wouldn't be able to get it working again. I followed the directions yesterday and it worked great. I was waiting for a procedure that I felt comfortable tackling. I paid the subscription fee right after I got it working. Thank you to all who worked to get the set up simplified, and especially to Jim for the great directions. :D

Axel


Axel,

Glad you've gotten PTVB up and running. I think it is a highly used program and I know we are all glad that SD helped make it possible that we will be able continue to use it.

Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Image

Certified TaterHead

Join us at DoubleBit Forums.
brownster
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Columbia, SC

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby brownster » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:29 pm

PTVB Forum Gang:

I made the mistake of changing my email address on the DoubleBit Forum and now my account there is inactive. I have no way of reactivating it without administrator help. I don't think Jeff is monitoring the emails or board. So I am not able to logon to the boards. I will only be able to read, will not be able to post there.

If anyone has a direct connection with Jeff, please make a call/email.

Thanks,
Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Image

Certified TaterHead

Join us at DoubleBit Forums.
brownster
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Columbia, SC

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby LanMan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:31 am

brownster wrote:PTVB Forum Gang:

I made the mistake of changing my email address on the DoubleBit Forum and now my account there is inactive. I have no way of reactivating it without administrator help. I don't think Jeff is monitoring the emails or board. So I am not able to logon to the boards. I will only be able to read, will not be able to post there.

If anyone has a direct connection with Jeff, please make a call/email.

Thanks,
Jim


Oh, boy. Jim can't get to the Doublebit forums! :shock: Someone had better post that everyone needs to come over there to SD for support.

I forgot my old Doublebit password and had to signup as a new user. I haven't heard word-one for a couple of weeks now, so I can't post at DB.

Jim, honestly, the DB forums are dead without your help over there.I forsee all of DB's old/new users coming over here to SD forums for support soon.
Last edited by LanMan on Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanMan
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:56 am

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby brownster » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:34 am

LanMan wrote:
brownster wrote:PTVB Forum Gang:

I made the mistake of changing my email address on the DoubleBit Forum and now my account there is inactive. I have no way of reactivating it without administrator help. I don't think Jeff is monitoring the emails or board. So I am not able to logon to the boards. I will only be able to read, will not be able to post there.

If anyone has a direct connection with Jeff, please make a call/email.

Thanks,
Jim


I forgot my old Doublebit password and had to signup as a new user. I haven't heard word-one for a couple of weeks now, so I can't post at DB. I forsee all of DB's old/new users coming over here to SD forums for support soon.


I was thinking about setting up a yahoo group for PTVB users to offer each other support. If you haven't heard anything in two weeks, guess we might have to find another alternative. I am not sure that SD wants to pay for bandwith for a PTVB support. We can let yahoo do that :)

Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Image

Certified TaterHead

Join us at DoubleBit Forums.
brownster
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Columbia, SC

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby LanMan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:36 am

Hey, that's a GREAT idea!!! Let's do it. :!:
LanMan
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:56 am

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby LanMan » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:42 am

brownster wrote:
shrink wrote:Well I have to say that you continue to be a BIG help both here and at the Doublebit forums as well.
It's much appreciated. I think you've been responsible for a big # of subscribers from the ranks of the PTVB abandoned crew.
alan


Hmm... a thought, the more PTVB users that sign up for SD, the better our chances of getting the yearly subscription down to $20.00. Another thought, the more PTVB users that sign up for SD the larger our voice will be. We all need to thank Xris and Robert for giving us the ability to use login names other than our email addresses. That is what has really made the switch easier.

Jim


Agreed! :!: Thanks to Jim, Xris, Robert, and SD for giving a way to use one of our favorite apps! No other guide has the search power of PTVB!
LanMan
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:56 am

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby Bobb » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:09 pm

I was thinking about setting up a yahoo group for PTVB users to offer each other support. If you haven't heard anything in two weeks, guess we might have to find another alternative. I am not sure that SD wants to pay for bandwith for a PTVB support. We can let yahoo do that :)

Jim[/quote]

Great idea!
Count me in.

Bobb
Bobb
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:44 pm

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby brownster » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:30 pm

Okay, We are live!!!

PTVB users: Come join the PTVB User Group to provide user support for newbies and oldies alike.

Since newbies cannot join the DoubleBit Forums because it is unmanned. We have opened shop at Yahoo Groups so that we can offer user support to one another and generally chit-chat about what we are watching on TV when there is nothing to watch on TV :lol:

The spot to land is HERE

Thanks,
Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Image

Certified TaterHead

Join us at DoubleBit Forums.
brownster
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Columbia, SC

free online tv channels, music, news, sport, movies

Postby patrick78 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:10 am

http://live-tv-channels.com/ is a great live tv portal, movie sharing and search engine. No need to register, users can upload their own movies, adult section included also.
patrick78
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:08 am

PreviousNext

Return to Approved Applications

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron