PTVL and Zap2It

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Re: PTVL and Zap2It

Postby cbj40 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:45 am

sakarnesky wrote:Is anyone else getting "WARNING - Error [32] opening C:\Program Files\Thumbs Up! ...." ? Supposedly, the update for the time fix downloaded and installed when I tried to run Weblink. Now, however, I'm not getting any listings, only this error.

Please help!s

[Sorry, I posted this under the listings off by one hour chain previously, but this is where it belongs, I believe. Anybody know why I'm getting this error? I was previously able to get the listings, but they were off by an hour. Since the program updated for the fix for the time, I'm not able to download the listings. Michael, thanks for your help so far ... I hope you can help me out with this problem.]

My lisitngs downloaded fine this morning with no errors and the timing issue is still resolved.
cbj40

Postby sehale » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:33 am

My listings also downloaded fine this morning and the times were correct.
sehale

Postby sakarnesky » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:42 am

Maybe there was a glitch with Schedules Direct during the time I was trying to download my listings last night. I decided to try again this morning (not having changed anything), and the schedule is currently downloading. I had planned to uninstall and re-install PTVL, if it still wasn't working. I didn't really want to do that, as I would have had to reset all my preferences (the order the channels display, which channels to display, etc.)

Thanks everyone for your help.

Note: The download completed successfully, and the times are correct. Thanks again!
sakarnesky

Postby SDSDfora » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:46 am

Ran weblink this (Sunday) morning - DL went fine, but all times still an hour off. Checked weblink version - was 2.5b. Told it to look for upgrade (I don't know why it did not do so automatically) -- got an error message. Tried again - this time it found an upgrade. Now I have weblink 2.5c, and the times are all correct.

A big Thank You to Michael for so rapidly fixing this problem!!!!!
SDSDfora

Postby rosie » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:57 pm

Thank you very much for giving us a simple way to continue to download our listings. I appreciate it very much.
One question--is anyone else missing the "rerun" indicator in the show listings?
rosie

Postby rmeden » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:32 pm

This may be another issue with PTVL... the way repeats are flagged is one of the changes. The developer should check the post about differences from Z2L.

In short, while Z2L flagged repeats, The Data Direct service by SD flags "new" episodes.

For example, XMLTV/tv_grab_na_dd flags as a repeat any EPisode w/o the <NEW> attribute.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby rosie » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:58 am

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out as the new season starts.
rosie

Postby SACCCB » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:19 pm

Is anyone else having trouble installing the new version? I can't get it to install. I go through the whole process but it doesn't install. This should be the easy part right? I was able to get set up with SD and download new listings but the error code gets in the way of using the desktop listings.
SACCCB

Postby rosie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:14 pm

Now that some of the new season shows are in my listings, I cannot see any indicator showing that it is a new show. Can Michael from PTVL do something about this? It would be a really big help.
rosie

Previous

Return to Approved Applications