TVG application

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

TVG application

Postby Lynn0210 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:01 am

I am new here .. I want to use the TVG program since it looks like the best for what
I need.. however I see that there has not been any work done on it or upgrades for over 2 years.

With the way things are constantly changing.. I am wondering if the application will still work.. before I put in the time to set it up and so on.

Can you tell me? I did not see any info on it here in the forums.. or on
TVGs forums.
Lynn0210

Re: TVG application

Postby rmeden » Wed May 12, 2010 11:07 pm

I use an old version of TVG sometimes and it works fine.

There probably hasn't been another release because it does what the author wants! Works fine.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby Lynn0210 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:15 am

Thanks for the input.. I was hoping it had not been upgraded cause it didn't need to be..
however .. this is highly unusual in the software world. .. so I figured I would ask before
putting in hours programming it.

I have 3 apps that I like.. TVG was number one.. the others are FreeGuide and MyTelly
TVG seems to offer a ot more.. you say you use it once in a while .. do you have another
app that you prefer?
Lynn0210

Postby rmeden » Thu May 13, 2010 6:05 am

I use TV_CHECK to alert me to new shows.... I use Vista Media Center (GASP!) for my PVR, so only use guide data for TV_CHECK.

I use TVG sometimes to search listings to support SD members, when I don't use a text editor.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby Lynn0210 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:46 pm

One of the things I was wondering about is if TVG marks which shows are new .. new movies.. new episodes and so on.. I tape exclusively.. so I can skip those obnoxious commercials.. it just saves
time to know if an episode is new.. On most shows I have already taped everything up to the new episodes..
Lynn0210

Postby rmeden » Fri May 14, 2010 6:54 am

I don't think movies are ever flagged as "new" in the data.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Approved Applications