Android - Any Support With SchedulesDirect?

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Re: Android - Any Support With SchedulesDirect?

Postby Ferrari328 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:40 am

Thanks, tried the whole thing and it actually works, but if you don't have a palm device there is no way to generate the database since PTVM doesn't see any device when installing.
Ferrari328

Postby ljiminez » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Make sure your phone is (USB) connected to your computer. In PTVM settings click on the 'Other' tab. You'll see an entry for a local folder to copy the database to. Browse to the import folder referenced in the previous Aug 26th post. Now when PTVM calls SchedulesDirect to update, the database will be copied to the import folder. Launching StyleTap completes the install.

Also, what phone are you using ?

Nez
ljiminez

Postby alancorey » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:52 am

I'm using something called "XmlTV Programs" that I found on Google Play. Don't know the version. I don't have it downloading directly yet. I run xmltv on a Linux box, which I can set up as a cron job once a week. That outputs into a file in the web server's space then I set up XmlTV Programs on a phone to fetch the XML over WiFi from the Linux box. You change days with the 2 arrows, change channels by sliding the blue strip, scroll up and down to change the time, tap on a program to see details. I've only had it running a few hours but I'm delighted so far. It does have an ad space, the Lupus thing here.
alancorey

Postby alancorey » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:01 pm

Actually I don't think it's open source, which I think is a requirement here. There is a later version (2.4) too, but that doesn't seem at all compatible with Schedules Direct. It asks you for logins for 2 other sites, didn't seem to be a way to just load an XML file or point it to Schedules Direct. It's from France, he probably isn't interested in US TV. Author's website: http://www.elol.fr/ I'll put it on my list of projects, I do have Android Studio installed and working but I'm a newbie still doing tutorials.

I don't read French but on the right side of the page are links to a couple things he's got on Google Play. The ads are obnoxious flashing things.
alancorey

Postby Markingva » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:41 am

I found XmlTV Programs, too, and installed it. It is geared toward the French market, and has direct links to a couple of French TV listing providers. It does support "generic XML files from internet," but wants a URL for the file (it's not clear to me what that URL would be). But it doesn't provide any options for login and password, so I doubt it would work with Schedules Direct -- correct? Plus, it doesn't appear to be open source.
Markingva

Postby rmeden » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Approved apps don't have to be open source, but they certainly need to be non-commercial.

re: France.. expect some big news soon. :)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Previous

Return to Approved Applications