MyTelly not working after Java update for MacOS

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

MyTelly not working after Java update for MacOS

Postby jdonato » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:04 am

Hi
Just to be sure if this is not an isolated OS problem, a problem with Schedules Direct or a problem with MyTelly. After upgrading Java for Mac OS this week (Java for macos 10.5 update 4), I cannot download listings. Terminal returns this:

Connecting to: jdbc:hsqldb:mytelly
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.ttalbott.mytelly.XTVDtoSQL.beginImport(XTVDtoSQL.java:75)
at org.ttalbott.mytelly.ZapWebServiceUpdateThread.run(ZapWebServiceUpdateThread.java:105)
SQLProgramData:getCachedDays returning ZERO due to exception:java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

And I get no listings. Other than this, the MyTelly app opens fine.

Any suggestions? Reinstall app? (I don't want to lose my extensive favs and searches)
Thanks
jdonato

Re: MyTelly not working after Java update for MacOS

Postby jdonato » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:14 pm

I was able to "solve" my problem. It had nothing to do with Java or MacOS X. Tried with Windows XP and had the same problem.

If anyone gets to this problem, where you cannot get your listings because of a "null" xml, you need to go to Schedules Direct web site, delete your providers, then add them again.
Remember to print or save your channel lineup (before deleting the providers), since you will need to reselect them from scratch...

Hope this helps.
jdonato

Re: MyTelly not working after Java update for MacOS

Postby bab » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:40 am

It is now possible to work around the "XML:null" issue bu using the "re-add" lineup link on the account page. I used to have to do it manually whenever this happened to me but I just used the re-add and it fixed the problem.

Hope this helps
bab

Return to Approved Applications