I want episode numbers

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Re: I want episode numbers

Postby lindau » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:24 pm

TV Tweak offers:
Correctly identify more reruns
Expose all the information in credits
Expose content advisory ratings
Expose date of first airing for reruns
Correctly identify more movies
Expose on-screen episode numbers

I only need the on-screen episode numbers.

This would help a lot, because TVTweak is no longer supported.
lindau

Postby lindau » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:01 pm

Have these changes been made?

<credits<presenter> is changed to <credits><actor> with "(pre) added to the actor name"
<credits<director> is changed to <credits><actor> with "(dir) added to the actor name"
"rating" is appended to the description and subtitle.
"onscreen" value plus EP# is added to the subtitle.

On second thought, these changes do seem to be pretty much PTVB only, so it's probably better to have it as a separate tool. What do others think? Anyone else can use the changes?
lindau

Postby rmeden » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:46 pm

lindau wrote:Have these changes been made?

No, I said...
rmeden wrote:On second thought, these changes do seem to be pretty much PTVB only, so it's probably better to have it as a separate tool. What do others think? Anyone else can use the changes?

If it's usable by other apps, I can see such a tool in the XMLTV distribution... but I get the feeling it's really only a benefit to PTVB users. I don't think tvtweak will be going away, there are just no changes planned.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby dcantor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:12 am

rmeden wrote:<credits<presenter> is changed to <credits><actor> with "(pre) added to the actor name"
<credits<director> is changed to <credits><actor> with "(dir) added to the actor name"
"rating" is appended to the description and subtitle.
"onscreen" value plus EP# is added to the subtitle.

On second thought, these changes do seem to be pretty much PTVB only, so it's probably better to have it as a separate tool. What do others think? Anyone else can use the changes?

Robert

OTOH, TVTweak is moribund; it appears that there will be no future releases. As future editions of XMLTV are released, it is likely that TVTweak will not be able to handle them, so if some of those features could be included in XMLTV, it would be a Very Good Thing. If you do decide to add something to XMLTV to append ratings and/or episode numbers to the subtitle, it would be good if the user could specify the format (such as delimiters and separators and order of appearance).

Thanks for thinking about this, Robert.

Dave C.
dcantor

Postby rmeden » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:21 am

how would you describe such a tool? It really should be separate from _na_dd, and on hte plus side would work with other grabbers too. (I don't anticipate the XMLTV format changing significantly). We can discuss this on the XMLTV users mailing list looking for more interest..

Isn't PTVB dead too?

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby dcantor » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:27 pm

rmeden wrote:how would you describe such a tool? It really should be separate from _na_dd, and on hte plus side would work with other grabbers too. (I don't anticipate the XMLTV format changing significantly). We can discuss this on the XMLTV users mailing list looking for more interest..

Isn't PTVB dead too?

Robert

You're right. We should discuss XMLTV features on the XMLTV users' mailing list.

PTVB probably could be described as moribund, too. The difference is that the author of TVTweak has announced that it's dead, whereas PTVB appears to be in limbo. There are still many, many PTVB users, and we're hoping it will get a new breath of life someday.

I've used TVTweak to fixup the output of _na_dd for another listings tool that I use, but with different options. It is by no means good only for PTVB, even if that's what it was designed for.

Dave C.
dcantor

Installing twteak into PTV Manager process

Postby KewlDawg » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:22 am

OK, possibly I am being a bit too thick, and I am not seeing the obvious.

How exactly do I install/use tvtweak ???

Right now, I open the PTV Manager on my PC, and click on the "Start Download" button. It then downloads the TV listings from here (schedulesdirect), and upon completion, has the file that gets x'fered over to my PDA.

Where in there, do I execute tvtweaks?

Tvtweak seems to work against the intermediary .xml file, and not the final .pdb or .tvdb file. So, how do I get PTV Manager to execute tvtweak after it downloads the .xml file, but before it generates the .pdb or .tvdb file?
KewlDawg

Re: Installing twteak into PTV Manager process

Postby dcantor » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:45 am

KewlDawg wrote:OK, possibly I am being a bit too thick, and I am not seeing the obvious.

How exactly do I install/use tvtweak ???

Right now, I open the PTV Manager on my PC, and click on the "Start Download" button. It then downloads the TV listings from here (schedulesdirect), and upon completion, has the file that gets x'fered over to my PDA.

Where in there, do I execute tvtweaks?

Tvtweak seems to work against the intermediary .xml file, and not the final .pdb or .tvdb file. So, how do I get PTV Manager to execute tvtweak after it downloads the .xml file, but before it generates the .pdb or .tvdb file?

You need to write a .CMD (or .BAT) file to

1) Download the data and produce the .XML file using XMLTV
2) Process the resulting file with TV_TWEAK
3) Coerce PTVManager to initiate a load

As far as I can tell, there's no way to initiate this process from PTVManager.

IIRC, there's a description of what you need to do in the PTVB forum.

Dave C.
dcantor

Previous

Return to Approved Applications