Not all channels sync in Media Portal

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Not all channels sync in Media Portal

Postby cbollerud » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:12 pm

I'm having an issue where the guide is updated for about 90% of the channels. I have a valid Schedules Direct account and I see the guide for most channels. For the channels I do see I notice that they were found using alias names during the auto tune process. I venture to guess that there is a mapping issue, the actual channels do work and I can view TV and I see the channels listed on the Schedules Direct web site for the lineup I have configured. Any thoughts on how to get the guide to sync with these last few channels?

Thanks,
Bollo
cbollerud

Re: Not all channels sync in Media Portal

Postby anewmyth » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:02 pm

using: Media Portal 1.0.0, with TVserver and SD plugin.

I am having similar issues. It appreas the Schedules Direct Plugin does not work correctly. I have an HDHR tuner, and the setup and config programs for the HDHR find the channel numbers correctly, but the SD plugin does not. I get no data for any of the channels. If I manually go in and put the ID numbers (by guessing) into the configuration, I can get the schedules for some channels. (FYI: I scan the channels in the TVserver, and can't find the "Auto Tune" options in MP.)

So you can get Schedules, but it is by no means "Direct" :geek:
anewmyth

Postby rmeden » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:25 pm

We're just a data service... if Media Portal is having a problem how is it our fault?

But you do have a point.. we really don't provide the schedules Direct.... we use Tribune's servers. :)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby cbollerud » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:57 pm

I upgraded to MediaPortal 1.01 and do not seem to have this issue anymore. I noticed that it only happened to channels where the Name was identified rather than the channel number. Somehow the key used to match the channel and the Schedule's Direct data was not matching. Now, when I upgraded I changed a number of configuration so I'm not convinced this was fixed by the update, but it is working now.

Chris
cbollerud

Return to Approved Applications