Pocket TV Browser

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby brownster » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:30 pm

rmeden wrote:I'm getting lots of support emails for PTVB. Can someone familiar with the process write up a nice topic with the easiest way to do it and post it to the forum.

Take into account that usernames are no longer email addresses.

I'll make it a "sticky"

Other topics (this one for example), can include details like playing with config files / batch files / etc

Robert

Robert,

I will try to put something together for those to do a clean install. It may be Sunday before I can get to it. Peole should go to the http://www.doublebit.com forum under the XMLTV for Pocket TV Browser and get help. That forum is found at: http://www.doublebit.com/forums/index.php

You might could post the url for the forum on a sticky and they can get help from other users until I or someone more knowldegable than I can get some instructions setup.

Thanks,
Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

Join us at DoubleBit Forums.
brownster

Postby Bobb » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:52 pm

Jim,

If anyone can and should do this, you are the man!
In the past few weeks you have done more for PTVB users than anyone has in years.

And we all thank you,

Bobb
Bobb

Postby shrink » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:46 pm

I agree wholeheartedly!
alan
Alan B.
Ocean New Jersey
shrink

Postby brownster » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:27 pm

Thanks for the kind words!

I love PTVB and use it almost as much as my calendar. I know that there are others that use PTVB as I do. I am glad to share what I learn in regards to workarounds and ways to keep PTVB on our palms (and PPC's).

Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

brownster

Postby brownster » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:19 pm

I am trying to write a simple way for PTVB users to switch straight from Z@It to SD to post on SD forums. I wanted to do this as soon as possible. I don't have time to test and check it out, but from my knowledge I think this will work. Please give feedback and help me refine the process.

If you are switching straight from Zap2It to SD, follow these steps:

1. Sign up for SD using an alphanumeric loginname. Do not use your email as PTVB will not allow characters such as "@" or "."

2. Set up your channels on the SD website.

3. Make sure that the latest xmltv.exe is in the PTVB directory/folder. It has to be in the same folder! XMLTV File Found Here

4. Go to the listing tab in PTVB and click the properties tab.

5. Select the zap2it as service... Which should already be selected as you were using zap2it 4. click next and enter your sd username and password in the appropriate spaces.

6. Click next and finish the setup.

You should be able to use PTVB as you did in the past. It will show the service as zap2it, but the xmltv.exe file will be communicating with SD instead of Zap2It. PTVB doesn't know any different.

Latest PTVB Can be found here. You can install and follow the instructions as though you are setting up for zap2it as long as you have the latest XMLTV.exe file in the PTVB directory and have set up your SD account with an alphanumeric loginname and not your email account. PTVB does not allow non-alphanumeric characters in your loginname.

If you are having problems, you might want to uninstall PTVB and reinstall a fresh copy and run through the setup, making sure you choose Zap2It as your service with the latest xmltv.exe in the PTVB folder.

Hope this helps,
Jim

I will try a fresh install on my desktop to see if this is correct this weekend. If someone can check it before then and add, correct or confirm it.

Thanks,
Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

brownster

Postby rmeden » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:04 pm

once folks think it's right, please start a new topic with it, so folks can find, not 15 pages in.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby brownster » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:59 am

rmeden wrote:once folks think it's right, please start a new topic with it, so folks can find, not 15 pages in.

Robert,

The well written instructions and pictures posted on DoubleBit's website should work. It is found at: http://www.doublebit.com/ptvb/xmltv/

They just have to have the latest XMLTV and they have to choose Zap2It for service. The process should be the same.

Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

brownster

Postby KewlDawg » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:50 pm

brownster wrote:

5. Select the zap2it as service... Which should already be selected as you were using zap2it 4. click next and enter your sd username and password in the appropriate spaces.

In step 4, if I click on the Properties button, I get my old zap2it account info. If I instead click on the Add button, I get a pull down which includes, amongst other things, "XMLTV Zap2it Listings". I select that, and continue with step 5, right?
KewlDawg

Postby brownster » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:16 pm

KewlDawg wrote:
brownster wrote:

In step 4, if I click on the Properties button, I get my old zap2it account info. If I instead click on the Add button, I get a pull down which includes, amongst other things, "XMLTV Zap2it Listings". I select that, and continue with step 5, right?

You are going to use either your old or new Zap2It for service. You are going to change the username and password to match your new Schedules Direct account not the service. The new xmltv.exe file will look for SD instead of Zap2It. Make sure that your loginname for SD is NOT your email address as PTVB will not allow non-alphanumeric characters.

Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

brownster

Postby lindau » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:28 pm

In PTV's Provider.ini, I changed my LoginName to my email address, which is my login at Schedules Direct. Then when I launch PTVBrowser, it downloads the listings, and if I look at PTV's Listings, Properties, PTV Browser shows my email address.
lindau

PreviousNext

Return to Approved Applications