Pocket TV Browser

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
jamesfedwards

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Post by jamesfedwards » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:33 am

Thanks - can you tell me how to modify this file?

Rambler

Post by Rambler » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:47 am

jamesfedwards wrote:Thanks - can you tell me how to modify this file?
Open the file in Notepad, or whatever other text editor you can use. And enter your Username and Password fields the same as they're setup with your Schedules Direct account.

shrink

Post by shrink » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:43 am

Well, he said smugly, I followed Jim's instructions and re-modified my setup and all seems well.
I did change my settings.ini file to not download till Dec '08 as I using Jim's batch file to automate the whole process. I'm assuming that I still don't have to touch PTVB unless I want to add a channel or change a lineup, right?
Thanks again Jim.
alan
Alan B.
Ocean New Jersey

Rambler

Post by Rambler » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:15 am

shrink wrote:I'm assuming that I still don't have to touch PTVB unless I want to add a channel or change a lineup, right?
You still don't have to touch PTVB, you can add/change a channel/lineup through Schedules Direct directly.

jamesfedwards

Post by jamesfedwards » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks - I did that but still have the problem. Anything else?

shrink

Post by shrink » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:39 am

Rambler wrote:
shrink wrote:I'm assuming that I still don't have to touch PTVB unless I want to add a channel or change a lineup, right?
You still don't have to touch PTVB, you can add/change a channel/lineup through Schedules Direct directly.
If you change from SchedDir, you still have to use either PTVB or run a command line for the changes to take effect. I'd rather do it through PTVB than do a command line etc.
alan
Alan B.
Ocean New Jersey

Rambler

Post by Rambler » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:43 am

shrink wrote:
Rambler wrote:
If you change from SchedDir, you still have to use either PTVB or run a command line for the changes to take effect. I'd rather do it through PTVB than do a command line etc.
alan
But the batch file is essentially using the command line. So basically you wouldn't have to touch the PTVB GUI anymore if you didn't want to.

shrink

Post by shrink » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:57 am

Not exactly. You have to run this file:
xmltv tv_grab_na_dd --configure
from a command line before it will, e.g., add or remove channels.
For me, it will be easier to do using PTVB.
alan
Alan B.
Ocean New Jersey

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:54 pm

on your tv_grab_na_dd fetch, you can add "--auto-config add" to automatically add new channels. By default it just complains.

Robert

brownster

Post by brownster » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:54 pm

rmeden wrote:on your tv_grab_na_dd fetch, you can add "--auto-config add" to automatically add new channels. By default it just complains.

Robert
Robert,

How does that look exactly: xmltv tv_grab_na_dd --auto-config add --days 14 --output provider.xml

Thanks,
Jim
Happy PTVBrowsing!

Certified TaterHead

Join us at DoubleBit Forums.