Pocket TV Browser

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Re: Pocket TV Browser

Postby KewlDawg » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:20 am

I have been using Pocket TV Browser on my (now pretty old) Palm based Garmin PDA. I even made a donation to Pocket TV Browser back when I first started to use it, I was so pleased. Plus, I have been downloading here from Schedules Direct since that switch over started.

However, my life is moving forward, and I am now needing a Listings Browser that will work on a Windows Mobile 6 based cell phone. I see that Pocket TV Browser has a version for Windows CE. Will that work?

If not, does anyone have a recommendation for a equivalent application for Windows Mobile?
KewlDawg

Postby Bobb » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:28 am

You might want to go to this web site:

http://www.pocketgoddess.com/

The woman who runs this used to use a Palm, but I believe has now moved on to Windows Mobile.

She did post in the PTVB boards about a month ago with a sync' issue, I'm just not sure which device she was using for the app..

Hope this helps!

Bobb
Bobb

Postby KewlDawg » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:30 pm

KewlDawg wrote:I see that Pocket TV Browser has a version for Windows CE. Will that work?

To answer my own question, I installed PTVB on my new Win Mobile 6.1 device, and PTVB appears to execute.

However, it doesn't seem to be able to find the .pdb file. I have tried putting into the same directory that the executable is located, to no luck.

Over in PTVB's own forums, I have asked where is it suppose to go. I haven't gotten a reply yet. However, in reading thru other discussions there, I see that others have asked the same question for different devices, and they too have never gotten a reply.

Does anyone here know where the .pdb file is suppose to go on a WinMobile 6.1 device? And, does the name stay "PTVBrowser.pdb" (the name used for the Palm version)?
KewlDawg

Postby Bobb » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:33 am

Might I suggest you follow the advice I had made in the post just before your latest.
Pocket Goddess is almost always willing to help fellow hand held users. She now uses a Window$ Mobile device so she might be a better source.

Bobb
Bobb

Postby BenE » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:01 am

Hi,
I use Pocket TV Browser and it just uses XMLTV to download the data, you should be able to get a new version of XMLTV that would be compatible with it. Not sure since I'm not signed up yet.
Thanks,
Ben E
BenE

Postby patience » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 am

Pocket TV Browser v1.77 now supports the North American ("na") XMLTV grabber for U.S. and Canadian TV listings, using Schedules Direct "Data Direct" ("dd") service. The internal name of this grabber is "tv_grab_na_dd".

XMLTV grabbers are not bundled with Pocket TV Browser, because Double Bit Software not involved in the development of the XMLTV tools or the maintenance of any of its grabbers. You must download the XMLTV tools yourself, and then copy them into your Pocket TV Browser folder (normally located in C:\Program Files\Pocket TV Browser).
Its my life
patience

Pocket TV Browser Forum down

Postby CBL » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Anybody know what's up with the DoubleBit Software forum site? It giving a server error.
CB
CBL

Postby Bobb » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:15 pm

Probably something to do with the server. The author of the software has not been active for awhile. I'm surprised the site is still up.

bobb
Bobb

Postby kbrunson » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:49 am

Could someone please post a link to a copy of PTVManager? My HD crashed and I had no backup of my PTVB folder. All links from the Doublebit site and Yahoo forum are dead and I can't find a copy anywhere. No response from Jeff's admin email account. I remember paying a minimal amount via Paypal years ago to register the app.

I run PTV Browser on my Android device via StyleTap. I just renewed my SD membership in the hopes that one of you can bail me out!

Thank you
Kevin
kbrunson

Previous

Return to Approved Applications