TV Browser - Listings 5 hours out

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.
Douglas

TV Browser - Listings 5 hours out

Post by Douglas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Downloaded Ver 2.7 with the Schedules Direct plugin...appears to work great, however when the lsitings are loaded into the program. They are a wopping 5 hours later than they should be. A program that should be starting at 1200 hrs...in the program shows as starting at 1700 hrs.

Computer is set OK............and internal settings of TV Browser are correct.

Any and all suggestions will be tried.

bodo

Re: TV Browser - Listings 5 hours out

Post by bodo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:52 pm

He posted here : http://hilfe.tvbrowser.org/viewtopic.php?t=11045 aswell. I am looking into it on this weekend

Bobb

Post by Bobb » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:45 am

I'm wondering if it might have something to do with a time offset you have in your setup. You know they setting where you specify what time zone you are in, such as I am in Central Time which is -5:00 hours of Universal Coordinated Time/Greenwich Mean Time (Did I spell that right?)
If that gets messed up it would/could lead to the exact behavior you describe.
And the culpret my be in your xmltv file not the PTVB since you said that was all setup correctly.
Bobb

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:22 pm

*and* if the PTVB doesn't properly read the time (with offset) from the XMLTV file.

A well behaved application will take the provided time offset into account, and always output local time, so the XMLTV time offset won't matter. I don't know if PTVB is "well behaved"

If it doesn't do this, it will be *impossible* to properly deal with DST changes.

Robert

bodo

Post by bodo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:36 am

Please try the newest Release Candidate that can be found here:

http://hilfe.tvbrowser.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11353 (sorry, german text, but the download links are obvious ;) ).

That Version should fix all TimeZone problems.