Mythdora

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Mythdora

Postby Boazz » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:41 pm

Has anyone done the update with the latest Mythdora yet, just want to know if it breaks the system or if it is ok to use it. If not I guess I will be the guinea pig :D

Lenard
Boazz

Re: Mythdora

Postby xris » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:58 pm

You'll have to check with the MythDora packager to be for sure (I suspect an announcement would have been made if it had support for Schedules Direct), but given that the Schedules Direct support just went into MythTV this afternoon, you may want to wait for confirmation from the MythDora project.
xris
SD Board Member

Postby Bigchris » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:51 am

Don't be in a rush. When the MythDora developers have a tested solution, you'll hear about it.
Bigchris

Postby KipIngram » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:06 am

Well, being patient is all well and good, but if Mythdora is what one happens to use it's not unreasonable that there might some "eager anticipation."
KipIngram

Postby Bigchris » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:07 pm

Of course, and I share your anticipation! But there are still three weeks before SD's data is actually needed because Zap2it's data will carry you until 9/12 or 9/13. So why take a distro which is performing well and risk destabilizing it with untested code before MythDora's developers can offer a tested alternative? If being first on the block is more important to you than reliability, then svn offers a world of opportunity. If you want something that works reliably, wait for MythDora to deliver it.
Bigchris

Postby KipIngram » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:29 pm

Oh, no; you misunderstand. Being first on the block is actually the last thing I want; that's why I use Mythdora now and have avoided "closer to the fire" approaches. I may be about to switch to a source-based approach for other reasons, but if not then what would be nice would be to have someone stick a stake in the ground and say "Yes, the plan is to have this out there by xx-xx-xx."
KipIngram

Postby Bigchris » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:33 pm

The plan is to have it out there before you need it, but there are too many dependencies in the chain to talk dates. MythDora depends on MythTV which only began beta testing yesterday, and hasn't yet committed a green light date to the RPM packagers. As soon as an RPM is generated, it will be integration tested with MythDora and it would not be a surprise if that revealed a bug or two. Allow some time for the bugs to be analyzed and fixed and the RPM to be rerolled and testing resumes. Assuming that goes well it is very possible that you could see a solution before the end of this month, or it could be longer depending on the complexity of the problems. That's just impossible to predict, but I can assure you that the pressure to make it ASAP is intense.
Bigchris

Postby jroysdon » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:23 am

I'm looking forward to the MythDora update as well :)

I figured I'd have to go in and hack things to get the new SD working, but if there is going to be an update, that's great! ;)
jroysdon

Postby Bigchris » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:35 am

MythDora's owner has announced he was targeting the end of this week but that is still subject to delays resulting from changes and improvements coming out of Mythtv's beta test. They're peddling as fast as they can! :-)
Bigchris

Mythdora fixes released

Postby Bigchris » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:04 pm

Bigchris

Next

Return to Approved Applications