Smartphone App from tv.zaval.org??

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Smartphone App from tv.zaval.org??

Postby rosie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:05 am

I recently found a TV listings app on tv.zaval.org. This app has two versions and one is for Windows Mobile smartphones including the Moto Q. I downloaded the application to my Sprint Moto Q. The tv.zaval.org site indicates that I can get my listing data from Schedules Direct. I already have a subscription, but I'm wondering what application I use to download the listings?
I currently have the PTVL app on my PDA and use Weblink for that, but I don't have a clue how to get the listings to the Mobile TV Guide app from zaval.
Does anybody have any idea?
rosie

Re: Smartphone App from tv.zaval.org??

Postby rmeden » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:17 am

interesting... zaval is not on the approved application list, so using it with SD would be a violation of our terms of service.

I show no record of them asking to be put on the list.

I would probably ask them to change the name (like TVG) due to the Gemstar "TV Guide" trademark. That could avoid legal problems.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby rosie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:10 am

Thanks and darn it! I sure somebody comes up with a Windows Mobile smartphone application soon for the listings.
rosie

Postby rmeden » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:04 pm

Why not ask them why they haven't requested to be on the list?
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby KewlDawg » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:15 am

rosie wrote:Thanks and darn it! I sure somebody comes up with a Windows Mobile smartphone application soon for the listings.

I, too, am looking for a good application to view my TV listings, on a Windows Mobile based cell phone (like a XV6900)
KewlDawg

Postby KewlDawg » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:05 pm

As far as I can tell. Zaval has abandoned their Windows Mobile version of their software, and continue to support only their Palm version (now called Advanced TV Guide).

Anyway, with the complete lack of any other alternative, I did mange to find and download the .cab for their last version of their Windows Mobile version.

I can't, however, find any documentation. I did find a brief mention that it uses .pdb files for its tv listings data. When I start the program on my Windows Mobile device, this program gives me an warning message that it can't find the tv listings file.

Does anyone have any idea the subdirectory name and file name where it expects to find the .pdb file?
KewlDawg

Postby merizena » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:39 pm

Which smartphone to choose between galaxy s2 and iphone 4S? I am planning to buy a new smartphone and really confused between 4S and S2. I don't own any smartphone but what I am looking in a phone is great music and video quality and better gaming effects. Basically, I am more into playing games which I usually connect to my smart TV. Thanks in advance for your help.
merizena

Postby SpiralNero » Mon May 21, 2012 5:54 am

I think you'd better buy 4S as with the upoming release of S3 the S2 model will be out-of-date ;) At least such an opinion is shared among many IT companies
SpiralNero

Postby steveosiris » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:09 pm

merizena wrote:Which smartphone to choose between galaxy s2 and iphone 4S? I am planning to buy a new smartphone and really confused between 4S and S2. I don't own any smartphone but what I am looking in a phone is great music and video quality and better gaming effects. Basically, I am more into playing games which I usually connect to my smart TV. Thanks in advance for your help.

I would definitely go with the iPhone 4s because the camera is really good, but if you are interested in games, then the Galaxy S2 may be a better bet for you.
steveosiris

Return to Approved Applications