Mediaportal setup?

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Mediaportal setup?

Postby mrlarouc » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:10 pm

I am surprised that nobody has posted this question here before, but a search turns up no related topics! :shock:
Can anyone shed some light on how to get SD to work with Mediaportal? I have downloaded the SD plugin from the Mediaportal website and tried to put it into the plugin folder and I am getting nothing! I have checked the plugin wiki and it is a little bit vague/incorrect for what I see in terms of my file structure and where the plugin should go. I was hoping that someone might be able to help out! :)

TIA
mrlarouc

Re: Mediaportal setup?

Postby rmeden » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:13 pm

When you log in to SchedulesDirect.org do you see your chosen lineup(s)?
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby mrlarouc » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:12 pm

rmeden wrote:When you log in to SchedulesDirect.org do you see your chosen lineup(s)?

I was able to see what appeared to be the right line up during my trial week (sadly it has expired now). I think that the problem is not with my inability to chose the right schedule, it is getting the interface (from the mediaportal end) working. :/
mrlarouc

Postby rmeden » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:59 pm

mrlarouc wrote:I was able to see what appeared to be the right line up during my trial week (sadly it has expired now).

Without an active account, you'll probably get strange errors from MediaPortal. If you don't want to "spring" for the whole $20, we now offer 2 months for $5.

I've also been rumored to extend someone's trial for a few days..... if you ask nicely and are actively trying to resolve the issue.

For suggested groveling techniques, consult the Usenet Oracle (hmmm I'm dating myself)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby mkberg » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:31 pm

I have had the same problem with media portal and found that I needed to update my xmltv file via sourceforge in order for the grabber to correctly access schedules direct. Without updating to the latest version (in some cases the nearly latest version) of xml the grabber still tries to access the old zaptoit address. I have my setup up and running. Once you have the xmltv updated to the latest version there is another website with posting on how to do actually set up the grabber (the site walks you through the setup only it refers to Zaptoit instead of SchedulesDirect).....I am unaware of the legalities of linking to such a site in a posting like this, I'm still kinda new to the whole forum thing. Also I believe the plugin you are referring to works with the tv server application not the standalone mediaportal (although I could be wrong of course).

MKB
mkberg

Postby rmeden » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:22 pm

I guess I just assumed the latest Media Portal included a recent XMLTV. I think it was a Media Portal version well after the SD cut-over... it's a big boo boo IMHO if that's the case.

I didn't really pursue getting Media Portal to work. I don't see any advantage over Media Center... it seems to do everything I need, or at least allows plugins for it.

There's nothing wrong with linking to another site... it could be argued that it's more "legal" to do that then to copy/paste a response.

Remember, one of the advantages of "free" software is the right to do as you please. (Free as in speech)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby mkberg » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:21 pm

In the experience I had the xmltv in the newest version of mediaportal wasn't updated. Here is a link to the site I mentioned. I also forgot to mention that I was assuming this was on a windows based machine as the site talks about how to set it up in windows for North American listings.

http://www.htpcdigest.com/miscellaneous ... erica.html
mkberg

Postby quaker » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:14 pm

My experience with Mediaportal (MP) and Schedule Direct(SD)?

Sign on for SD account for 1 year.
Download SD Plugin for MP HERE-> http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugi ... 7-a-26951/
Unzip to MP folder, this should should put a new SchedulesDirectPlugin.dll in plugins/process. Check to make sure.
Open MP configuration, choose plugins.
Scroll down to grabbers, you'll see a new thing called Schedules Direct EPG Client
Double click this plugin to activate (will go from black and white to color)
Right click and configure, enter username and password.
Open MP, wait a bit, guide is populated.

You should also note any steps noted at the above link.

Easy cheesy
quaker

Postby rmeden » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:55 pm

quaker wrote:Sign on for SD account for 1 year.
We offer a 7 day trial. While you can pay immediately (and there's no penalty in doing so), you don't have to.

(I actually find it surprising how many people pay immediately....)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby web4lackey » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:25 am

How about mapping the HD (clear QAM) channels. I have 2 HD QAM Tuners that I am using, but I haven't figured out how to map them correctly in MP with schedulesdirect. It is picking up my Lineup, but selecting a show doesn't get anything. I have to select one of the channels with no name and no lineup to get a station. I am assuming there must be some way to map that channel to the one coming from schedules direct so the EPG looks normal and works.
web4lackey

Next

Return to Approved Applications