Mediaportal setup?

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Re: Mediaportal setup?

Postby hazlett » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm a new user of MediaPortal 1.0.2 and I am also a registered subscriber to Schedules Direct.
I went through the configuration of MP and setup a lineup in SD but could not get any channels to showup in the TV guide.
Downloaded the SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.dll plugin and copied it to the "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process" directory, as well as, the "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins" directory.
When I try to configure the plugins in the MediaPortal configuration program I get this error
---------------------------
MediaPortal

Failed to locate assembly 'SetupControls, Version=1.0.2.19266, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end.
---------------------------
Still no data available in the guide. What can I do to resolve this problem? Thanks for any help.
hazlett

Postby brentwhistler » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:38 pm

1.1 beta - 2009-08-30 - setupcontrols.dll version 1.0.4.23491, plugin base version 1.0.4.23491, mediaportal.exe version 1.0.4.23491

So - I am having the same problem. I have tried both the stable release and the beta. Neither one works with any of the various versions of the plugin, because they have apparently all been compiled with random builds -- or maybe I just missed the one combination that works (i don't think so)

The problem you are having is because of a version mismatch on the dll - same as I'm having. It would seem easy enough for someone to compile the schedules direct plugin against the two releases that are posted on the main page of media portal. I can't, because I don't have visual studio on any of my machines right now.

Schedules direct would like me to pay beyond my seven day trial .. the clock is ticking. I hope that I can try schedules direct w/ media portal before the trial ends.

Brent
(brent --don't spam me @ --- brentwhistler.com)
brentwhistler

Postby fattireflyer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:36 pm

In the following link:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/schedules-direct-us-canadian-mexico-epg-plugin-updated-october-2009-a-26951/
At the bottom there is an update from 09/14/2009 that has links to different builds of the plugin. I have 1.1b installed and working for mediaportal 1.0.2 on the tv service.
fattireflyer

Postby kg4muc » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:17 pm

Been doing some searching and ran across thread albeit old :)
I'm trying my hardest to get SD and MP2 to play together nicely but I must be doing something wrong as I'm not very fluent in coding most of the time.

Curious as to if anyone else has had success with this??
kg4muc

Previous

Return to Approved Applications