PTVL and Zap2It

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Re: PTVL and Zap2It

Postby sehale » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:02 am

I too use Weblink and love it and was thinking that this morning I was going to have to uninstall it for fear that it had been abandoned and would not work with Schedules Direct. I was pleasantly surprised to see the update message on my desktop this morning! Installed it, followed the signup directions, and started downloading. At first I only got 4 days or so I went into Weblink and cleared the cache and also went to my Pocket TV download folder and deleted the zipped cache file there. Started Weblink again and all 12 days downloaded fine. Synched it to my Dell Axim and I am good to go again! Great work!
sehale

Postby cbj40 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:32 am

Hi, :(

After loading the latest schedule into my PTVL, all the information was there including the details but the time is off 1hr. My zip code is 77581 Central Time but the program listings that were downloaded WERE at Eastern Time. I have 2 more days on my 7 day's free trail and I need know why the time zone is different since I specified in the Account Setup for 77581 zip code which is Central Standard Time. Any Clue?

I sent an email to support and Robert Eden responded that it's and application issue and to contact the developer for support,however, PTVL is out-of-business. Can't see myself payinh $15 for this service. Poor Customer Support :x
Last edited by cbj40 on Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cbj40

Postby Woody » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:50 am

I live in California and the TV listings are one hour earlier for me as well. I believe this might be a daylight savings time issue.
Woody

Postby sehale » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:19 pm

Looks like I am in the same boat with a 19702 zip code (Delaware) - all my shows are now an hour early.
sehale

Postby SDSDfora » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:12 pm

Same in San Diego - selected correct ZIP (92122) but all times are an hour early in PTVL...
SDSDfora

Postby ronaldb1 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:07 pm

I also have been using PTVL since when you had to pay for it. I had an automatic download of v 2.5b when I started Weblink today. Under Tools/Settings it showed SC instead of Zapzit. I clicked on that and signed up for SC. All I had to do was resetup my channels on SC. Then amazeningly everything worked great.
I tested with just 3 days, than all 14 days. Still looking good. Hope it stays this way. :lol:
Ron...
ronaldb1

Postby sakarnesky » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:34 pm

Ooops! After reading some of the other posts, I checked my listings a little closer, and see that mine are also off by an hour. Michael, do you have a fix for us? Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Note: I emailed Michael Schoneman, to ask if he can help us out. He provided an update for PTVL so that it will work with Schedules Direct, but I don't know if he's aware of the issue regarding the times being off. Since the times displayed in MythTV are correct, I'm forced to believe that it's probably a problem with PTVL. Hopefully, Michael will take a look, and be able to provide a fix.
sakarnesky

Postby sehale » Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:34 pm

Michael has fixed the timing problem. I download the Weblink update and listings and re-synched and I am now all set. Thanks Michael!
sehale

Postby cbj40 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:39 pm

cbj40 wrote:Hi, :(

After loading the latest schedule into my PTVL, all the information was there including the details but the time is off 1hr. My zip code is 77581 Central Time but the program listings that were downloaded WERE at Eastern Time. I have 2 more days on my 7 day's free trail and I need know why the time zone is different since I specified in the Account Setup for 77581 zip code which is Central Standard Time. Any Clue?

I sent an email to support and Robert Eden responded that it's and application issue and to contact the developer for support,however, PTVL is out-of-business. Can't see myself payinh $15 for this service. Poor Customer Support :x

Thanks Michael Schoneman :D . I did not know you were still around. You have always been helpful during the beginning development of PTVL. The time zones are working. What great service. I hope all PTVL fans will have such a relationship with Schedule Direct.
cbj40

Postby sakarnesky » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:59 pm

Is anyone else getting "WARNING - Error [32] opening C:\Program Files\Thumbs Up! ...." ? Supposedly, the update for the time fix downloaded and installed when I tried to run Weblink. Now, however, I'm not getting any listings, only this error.

Please help!s

[Sorry, I posted this under the listings off by one hour chain previously, but this is where it belongs, I believe. Anybody know why I'm getting this error? I was previously able to get the listings, but they were off by an hour. Since the program updated for the fix for the time, I'm not able to download the listings. Michael, thanks for your help so far ... I hope you can help me out with this problem.]
sakarnesky

PreviousNext

Return to Approved Applications