The problem of getting digital channels to show up on Pocket TV Browser bothered me when I got my DTV tuner last year. After reading the thread on the DoubleBit forum, I finally stumbled on to something that works for me. I Have not seen this suggested before, so I will post it in case it helps someone else. (I tried to post on DoubleBit last summer, but was unable to join, so I will post here.) I have PTV version 1.77.
1. Use notepad to edit Provider.ini, giving each station a unique number. Use 17-1, 17-2, 17-3, etc. to match the numbers in schedulesdirect. Make sure the numbers are in the same order as the names. Don't edit the names, just the numbers.
2. Rename the channels using fewer than 6 letters or numbers for each name. This can be done in the Provider.ini file by inserting a line starting with "renames=" followed by the new names separated by commas. This is not required, but is a good idea because PTVB will display only 6 characters on the PDA, so, for example, WMHTDT2 and WMHTDT3 will both appear as WMHTDT. I just renamed the stations with their numbers by copying the new list of numbers I created for step 1.
3. Start PTVB, clear the cache, and download the schedule.
Below is my edited provider.ini file:
description=Local Broadcast Listings (XXXXX)
I hope this helps.