Pocket TV Browser Setup Instructions

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Re: Pocket TV Browser Setup Instructions

Postby RCDuggiedug » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:27 am

How long does it take to get approved at the doublebit forum? I've been waiting a month now.

Doug
RCDuggiedug

Postby CBL » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:55 am

Do you mean to join the forum? Download the software? Either should be immediate. What trouble are you having?
CBL
CBL

Postby RCDuggiedug » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:12 pm

I have the software. I purchased it long before it became free. I tried joining their forum so I can post messages and got an email saying "Your account is currently inactive, the administrator of the board will need to activate it before you can log in. You will receive another email when this has occured." and I've been quietly waiting for a month.
RCDuggiedug

Postby CBL » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:45 pm

As you probably know, the author rarely visits the forum. Jim Brown took over the administrative duties relatively recently but I haven't seen any posts in a few months from him. You're best bet, given that message you received, might be to create a gmail or some other temp email account and join the forum that way. My impression was that it wasn't that hard to join the forum. If that doesn't work or is somehow not available to you I suppose I could relay questions. The group generally doesn't monitor this site much anymore.
CB
CBL

Postby RCDuggiedug » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:04 pm

Thanks for the info, CB.

I just recently revived my interest in PTVB and didn't know he rarely visits. When I tried to join, I gave my addy that I use just in case of spam but I monitor all my spam. Do you think using a temporary email I can join without needing to be approved?

I was monitoring a discussion about the problems with PTVB not working with Digital channels. But, if the problem was resolved, the discussion stopped abruptly on June 27th.

http://doublebit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=988

Doug
RCDuggiedug

Postby CBL » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:11 am

Every once in a while someone comes along with a problem (which the community helps out with). But for the most part it works just great with Sched Direct. Combined with TweakTV it gets about all the info there is to get out of the xmltv report. Some people are setting it up strictly through PTVBrowser. When we made the switch to Sched Direct we were using batch files until we knew what was going on. I decided to stick with the batch files since you have to run PTVB and TweakTV in succession anyway.
The bottom line is I use it all the time and would be lost without it. It has features I haven't seen in any other program and you can't beat the price!
CB
CBL

Postby brownster » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:08 am

DuggieDug,

I activated your account. I don't have much time to admin the forum. It is basically user manned. There are so many, like thousands, of spam request for account activations that I can't keep up with them without spending an hour a day trying to sort through them. So if there is any one trying to start an account on DoubleBit Forum, you can post your username here and I can activated it.

Thank,
Jim Brown
brownster

Re: Pocket TV Browser Setup Instructions - Digital Channels

Postby thomas1944 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:12 am

The problem of getting digital channels to show up on Pocket TV Browser bothered me when I got my DTV tuner last year. After reading the thread on the DoubleBit forum, I finally stumbled on to something that works for me. I Have not seen this suggested before, so I will post it in case it helps someone else. (I tried to post on DoubleBit last summer, but was unable to join, so I will post here.) I have PTV version 1.77.

1. Use notepad to edit Provider.ini, giving each station a unique number. Use 17-1, 17-2, 17-3, etc. to match the numbers in schedulesdirect. Make sure the numbers are in the same order as the names. Don't edit the names, just the numbers.

2. Rename the channels using fewer than 6 letters or numbers for each name. This can be done in the Provider.ini file by inserting a line starting with "renames=" followed by the new names separated by commas. This is not required, but is a good idea because PTVB will display only 6 characters on the PDA, so, for example, WMHTDT2 and WMHTDT3 will both appear as WMHTDT. I just renamed the stations with their numbers by copying the new list of numbers I created for step 1.

3. Start PTVB, clear the cache, and download the schedule.

Below is my edited provider.ini file:

[providers]
next=2
location=
[1]
service=zap2it-dd
description=Local Broadcast Listings (XXXXX)
LoginName=XXXXXXX
Password=XXXXXXX
provider_id=PC:XXXXX
renames=17-1,10-1,15,06-1,06-2,45-1,13-1,17-2,17-3,23-1,23-2,10-3
names=WMHTDT,WTENDT,WNYACA,WRGBDT,WRGBDT2,WCWNDT,WNYTDT,WMHTDT2,WMHTDT3,WXXADT,WXXADT2,WTENDT3
numbers=17-1,10-1,15,6-1,6-2,45-1,13-1,17-2,17-3,23-1,23-2,10-3

I hope this helps.
Tom
thomas1944

Postby mikeslaves » Thu May 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Since there may have been some confusion regarding the weblink.exe file, maybe you should download it again and follow the instructions one more time. Just in case the files got mixed up in the confusion?

The latest weblink.exe fixed the channel problem for me.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
mikeslaves

Postby alwayslate » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:53 pm

wensail wrote:Register in this forum if you have not already done so and post your Q there. The modeator (Jim Brown) and other members of that forum answer with great skills. Sorry I can't help you myself.

http://doublebit.com/forums/viewforum.p ... 3e3e843f71

Thank you for the great recommendation. I am surprised my the knowledgeable community over there. Very impressed. I was really surprised how many of the guys over there are starting to use cloud services to store all of their recorded videos and extra files. From the sounds of it, it makes things much more secure and easy so I may just give it a try soon.
alwayslate

Previous

Return to Approved Applications