PTVL Not Getting Details

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

PTVL Not Getting Details

Postby bradrian » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:56 am

Anybody else having problems getting program details to load into PTVL? I've re-installed everything, and the Weblink log says it's downloaded the details. Plus, I've deleted the listing file and re-synched a dozen times. But, when I open a program on my Pocket PC, I get "-No Details Found-."

And, even though the desktop version of PTVL is now unstable and crashes, it has full program details available.

Any thoughts?
bradrian

Re: PTVL Not Getting Details

Postby SACCCB » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:45 pm

I feel your pain but have no fixes. I'd guess we'll just have to wait until Michael issues an updated version of PTVL. My desktop keeps saying there's an updated version which there isn't so it then reports an error in downloading it, ugh....and then the side to side arrows don't work so it's useless at this point. But Michael has always been good about getting things fixed so patience is the word for the day. And it is a free lunch afterall so I'm willing to wait :D

We'll just have to watch our own lives instead of others on TV for a few days :lol:
SACCCB

Postby bradrian » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:26 pm

SACCCB wrote:We'll just have to watch our own lives instead of others...

Very funny. You must actually have a life. ;)
bradrian

Postby SACCCB » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:03 pm

Very funny. You must actually have a life.

:lol: not really!! I did adopt a pup recently. He certainly is getting me off the couch!!
SACCCB

Postby sakarnesky » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:14 pm

Have you tried just copying your listings file from your desktop PC to your handheld device? I haven't used the synchronization feature for some time (before the switch to SchedulesDirect), as I was having problems with it. However, I update the listings using Weblink, and then copy the listings file over to my Pocket PC. I get the program details, no problems. Be sure to exit PTVL before you try to copy the listings. Otherwise, you'll think the file is copying, until you get a message that the file can't be written. I don't remember the exact error message, but if you get one, just make sure PTVL is closed on your handheld, and try copying the file again.

I hope this helps!
sakarnesky

Return to Approved Applications