Simple IPTV and schedules direct setup (for KODI)

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Simple IPTV and schedules direct setup (for KODI)

Postby jiffypop » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:09 pm

I'm new to the epg setup in general. Im currently using the simple iptv client and I am downloading the guide xml file on my Ubuntu workstation by running tv_grab_na_dd command inside the terminal. I am getting the data downloaded in the xml file from schedules direct with my correct channels from my line up. However, I am unable to get the schedule to show up in KODI. What I'm wondering is if the actual guide xml file format is incorrect? Whenever I run tv_grab_na_dd I get the the data but I'm just not sure its in the correct xml format to pass the epg data and the channel names. I just need and example to go by if this is even possible. I do realize that the first question I should probably ask is if this is even possible with using the simple iptv addon with schedules direct? I would be using the tvheadend but I am having a hard time getting any IPTV channels setup in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
jiffypop

Re: Simple IPTV and schedules direct setup (for KODI)

Postby rmeden » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:25 am

I'm pretty sure it's the right format... but some apps may need the "--old-chan-id" switch for tv_grab_na_dd.

I modified the subject to include KODI, as this is really an app question.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Simple IPTV and schedules direct setup (for KODI)

Postby sirron » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:07 pm

i was going to ask the same question, while waiting to get approved so i could make a post i figured it out

i am using mc2xml and tick the box that say channel name first

then your epg will load on iptv simple client

i am having problems with getting logos to show now

have all the logs pointing to the folder with my logos ....hmmm
sirron

Return to Approved Applications