MacProgramGuide 1.1.1

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

MacProgramGuide 1.1.1

Postby coolmacsoftware » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:51 pm

MacProgramGuide 1.1.1 was released today, it uses the JSON data feed directly. It runs on OS 10.8 and Later. If you are still on 10.6 or 10.7 a release for those OS's will be available in several days.

-- Kevin
coolmacsoftware
SD Board Member

Re: MacProgramGuide 1.1.1

Postby rhywun » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks! So far so good. I am having a problem though: my SchedulesDirect lineup is limited to < 100 channels but MacProgramGuide keeps loading all 1000+ channels. To be more specific my SD account was wrong and I corrected it after first loading MacProgramGuide. So I tried "clearing" the database by quitting then removing the entire MacProgramGuide folder under ~/Library/Application Support and restarting. But it just reloaded all channels. Then I waited 3 days for the schedule to clear out and tried again but it still loads all channels instead of just the channels I selected in my SD account.

Another question: how do I limit the amount of hours/days per download? I don't see any option.

Thanks!

Patrick
rhywun

Postby rkulagow » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:20 pm

The JSON service doesn't use the "select the channels that you want on the website" scheme anymore; that's going to be somewhere in MPG: the server sends MPG "Here's the list of channels in the lineup" and the client sends back "Send me the schedules for x, y, z". Right now MPG must be requesting all of them.

Same with the amount of data. MPG can request 2, 4 or 13 days. It must be requesting 13 days.

Check the documentation for MPG, or ping the MPG developer.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby coolmacsoftware » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:21 pm

You can disable the channel display using the station editor, this will prevent the display of the channels in the schedule grid. In the current
version (1.1.5) you can not limit the download to only enabled channels, this will be added in the future.

The amount of data that is downloaded depends on the number of days of data that is currently in the database. If you have less than 8 hours,
the next download request will be for 2 days of data. If you have more than 8 hours but less than 3 days of data you next request will be for 4 days.
if you have more than 3 days you'll get 14 days in your next download.
coolmacsoftware
SD Board Member

Postby zsak23 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:21 am

I've noticed that episode information isn't available anymore. Is this likely to change?

TIA
zsak23

Postby rhywun » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:48 pm

coolmacsoftware wrote:You can disable the channel display using the station editor, this will prevent the display of the channels in the schedule grid. In the current
version (1.1.5) you can not limit the download to only enabled channels, this will be added in the future.

Thanks for responding & look forward to the download limit!
rhywun

Postby rhywun » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi Kevin,

I disabled a few hundred channels as you described but they're still displaying in the grid. Help!

(Five days later) I have quit and restarted the program and now all items are again checked in the station edit box - and it is way too cumbersome to disable hundreds of channels so I am giving up for now.

Thanks
rhywun

Re: MacProgramGuide 1.1.6

Postby rhywun » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi, I like the new version 1.1.6 so far - the issue I had with the station editing seems to be solved. The station icons are a nice touch too.

Thanks!
rhywun

Return to Approved Applications