TV-Browser 3.3.3

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

TV-Browser 3.3.3

Postby weamish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:40 pm

Will the new JSON-based data service have any effect on TV-Browser's ability to use the data feed? Thanks! ...Steve
weamish

Re: TV-Browser 3.3.3

Postby rkulagow » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:05 pm

The developer will need to create a new grabber that accesses the JSON service. If they choose not to, then there is an XML service which will continue to be available which will be hosted by Schedules Direct, but the developer will either need to update the URL they are accessing, or the user will need to put in an override in the /etc/hosts file (or equivalent) that points to the new IP address.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby weamish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:49 pm

The developer says he has only about 50 North American users of SD, so it's unlikely he'll invest much time in making changes to accommodate this. Can we can give him something specific and simple to insert on his end? Otherwise, it looks like I'll be on my own here. The problem is that I have no idea what it means to "put in an override in the /etc/hosts file (or equivalent) that points to the new IP address." Possible to walk me through that? Thanks!
weamish

Postby rmeden » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:50 am

I've already emailed all the developers asking them to test the "Direct DD replacement service"...

If he makes a simple 1 line change in his code, you won't have to mess with your hosts file. Ask him to check the This topic in the SD forum. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2591

If he didn't get the developer announcement, he should also contact admin@SD with a valid email address.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby weamish » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Thanks Robert. They amended the code in a .jar file, but it doesn't seem to work. Dragged it into the program window and it seemed to load ok, but updates are ending on 10/27. Looks like the forum won't allow me to upload the file here.
weamish

Postby rmeden » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:54 pm

Hopefully they'll test it some more, and work with us to get it working.

BTW, I added support for digest authentication a couple of hours ago, so that may help.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby skst » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:41 pm

If he didn't get the developer announcement, he should also contact admin@SD with a valid email address.

I didn't receive the developer announcement either (which is why this was all such a surprise to me). Is this the official way to get on that mailing list or is there something else I need to do?
----------------------------------------

USA-IL58819-X
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
USA 60005
skst

Postby rmeden » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 pm

PM sent.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby jdonato » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:05 pm

weamish wrote:Thanks Robert. They amended the code in a .jar file, but it doesn't seem to work. Dragged it into the program window and it seemed to load ok, but updates are ending on 10/27. Looks like the forum won't allow me to upload the file here.

Same here with 3.4.0.97. I changed the .jar file, click to get recent listings, seem like it is working, the app even tells me the download is completed, but nothing happens, nothing gets replaced. My listings still end the same day (10/24) as before trying the download.

Are you confident they will work things with you? Seems we (SD users) are somehow a small percentage of their users. Really hope this works before Friday...
jdonato

Postby rmeden » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:43 pm

I'm willing to work with them, but they have to ask for help.

Have you tried going back to the previously working version and trying the host file change?

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Next

Return to Approved Applications