Personal ReplayGuide

Please use this Forum to discuss Approved Applications (if something is approved, what version, etc)
Forum rules
So folks can help you, include in the subject the software package you're using and the version number in the body.

Personal ReplayGuide

Postby LeeThompson » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:19 am

I don't know if anyone out there still uses it but just in case.

Personal ReplayGuide modification for schedulesdirect.org service is simple and will just take a couple of minutes.

First, you'll need to modify the database schema slightly. Specifically, expand "tmsprogramid" within the "tvlistings" and "castcrew" tables to 16 (or more) characters. (This will vary depending on what database engine you are using, consult the database software documentation for how-to's. Alternately you can just edit the .sql script files and start from scratch with the configure.pl script.)

Second, edit the prg.conf file and under the [datadirect] section add or modify 'webservice' to the new URL: http://docs.tms.tribune.com/tech/tmsdatadirect/schedulesdirect/tvDataDelivery.wsdl (Or you can just change the webservice= line within the datadirect_client.pl file.)

Third, update the username and password if needed to reflect your shiny new Schedules Direct subscription.

All done!

Sample Config:

(snip)

[datadirect]

client=.\datadirect_client.pl
converter=.\datadirect2sql.pl
geticons=.\getchannelicons.pl
username=myschedulesdirectacct
password=myschedulesdirectpassword
days=14
verbose=1
webservice=http://docs.tms.tribune.com/tech/tmsdatadirect/schedulesdirect/tvDataDelivery.wsdl
logfile=datadirect.log
successcode=1

(snip)
LeeThompson

Re: Personal ReplayGuide

Postby roddie » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:55 pm

I don't know if anyone out there still uses it but just in case.

I do!

Thanks for the update, Lee (worked like a charm) - I was hoping we'd hear something from you.
roddie

Return to Approved Applications