dd_progid Documentation

Discussion about Schedules Direct grabber code and data formats.
unixd0od

dd_progid Documentation

Post by unixd0od » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Maybe I've missed it, but I can't seem to find any documentation on the dd_progid episode number system. Does this episode number system encode information about the show such as season/multi-part episodes/etc? Or is it nothing more than just some unique number?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: dd_progid Documentation

Post by rmeden » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:47 pm

Yea! we're able to release this now.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=568#p3092
program-id:
Unique description identifier necessary to reference movies, shows, episodes, sports from the programs
data. First two digits are alphanumeric and correspond to movies (MV), shows (SH), episodes (EP) and sports (SP).

For shows beginning with EP, the next 8 digits represent the series ID, with the last 4 digits representing the
episode id. If episode information is not available, the program will appear as type SH, the next 8 digits as the series
id and the last 4 digits as zeros.
No, the program-id doesn't include multipart episodes. That would be schedule->part, but in practice, often the networks really consider a two-part episode two episodes. Take a look at some shows at http://epguides.com

Robert

unixd0od

Re: dd_progid Documentation

Post by unixd0od » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:26 pm

Excellent! I've been working on adding support for searching by (and displaying) episode numbers to TVG.