Differences between Data Direct and Zap2IT Labs

Discussion about Schedules Direct grabber code and data formats.

Re: Differences between Data Direct and Zap2IT Labs

Postby rmeden » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:15 am

whurlston wrote:1) Some shows are never listed as being stereo even though they are. (The Closer, both in SD and HD).
2) The SyndicatedEpisodeNumber seems to be inconsistent.

#1. I'm sure TMS simply forwards what they get from the programmers... I don't see a point in asking for this to be improved.

#2. The docs say this for SyndicatedEpisodeNumber "Distributordesignated number corresponding to an episode of a specific show." So if the data source changes info for the field, TMS changes it. I would use ProgramID..as that's TMS Controlled and hopefully more consistent.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby whurlston » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:52 pm

Thanks Robert. I'll run with that. It's not really a big deal anyway for my purposes, I just figured if it CAN be improved, it wouldn't hurt to ask. :D
whurlston

Postby jkozee » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Maybe I have overlooked this, but what is the ei='true' attribute?
jkozee

Postby whurlston » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:12 pm

jkozee wrote:Maybe I have overlooked this, but what is the ei='true' attribute?

Indicates the program as being educational and/or informational to viewers from 16 years of age and under.
whurlston

Postby rshendershot » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:51 pm

Are you able to post the new schema (1.3.7 I think was mentioned) ?
rshendershot

Postby rmeden » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:29 pm

rshendershot wrote:Are you able to post the new schema (1.3.7 I think was mentioned) ?

Unfortunately no.. it's covered by a NDA, and was never publically released as the Z2L one was.

We're thinking about a work-around. Luckily the data's pretty obvious.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby the_tom » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:15 am

rshendershot wrote:Are you able to post the new schema (1.3.7 I think was mentioned) ?

Did you mean documentation, or the actual XML schema? As for doc, the differences from 1.3.6 are quite minor, and the info in the PDF that was published to explain the 1.3.6 seems to me to be still quite relevant. As for the XML schema (xsd files) they are available on the web, the URL to the main xsd file is referenced in the wsdl, and in turn the first-level xsd has an URL link to an include file. (The URL to the wsdl itself is given at the start of this thread.)

rmeden wrote:Unfortunately no.. it's covered by a NDA, and was never publically released as the Z2L one was.

Not sure what you mean here, Robert. No access to the schema would mean no access to the service. The XML schema is part of the service definition, which is a "public" (or in this case, "licensed") interface. How could an NDA apply to that? - it can't be hidden - tools must have access to it, and do access it routinely in order to work with (or in the case of Visual Studio, gen code to work with) the service. Unless you are talking about documentation?

-tom-
the_tom

Postby rmeden » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:20 pm

Yes, the schema is available via those links. I'm talking about the documentation PDF. That's what we can't release, but you're right, it's similar to the one that used to be on the Z2L site.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby rshendershot » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:47 pm

I downloaded (wget) all the xsd and wsdl that the code referenced.
tmsxg.xsd tmsxmdf.xsd tmsxmds.xsd tmsxmdt.xsd tmsxmd.xsd tmsxmg.xsd tmsxtvd.xsd tvDataDelivery.wsdl

The wsdl doesn't play well with Eclipse or Netbeans. I read that it had to be modified for Visual Studio 2005 also. I'm trying to create a web service client, probably to be integrated with Freeguide, but for now just to come up to date. The last time I used SOAP was with the apache soap 2x something or other.

I wondered if/when SD was going to update the wsdl. Also if there was to be a developers url for the service. I thought all that, including pdf or other docs, might be in the 1.3.7 "package".

Is SD updating this? I can no longer get to z2l to get their older pdf.

thanks for any insight!
-Rick
rshendershot

Postby danielk » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:44 pm

The wsdl doesn't play well with Eclipse or Netbeans. I read that it had to be modified for Visual Studio 2005 also. I'm trying to create a web service client, probably to be integrated with Freeguide, but for now just to come up to date. The last time I used SOAP was with the apache soap 2x something or other.

Can you provide a diff of the changes needed for these programs? We could host alternate versions. It might also make sense to bring up the issue with the developers of the programs that can't parse the SOAP files properly.

Also if there was to be a developers url for the service. I thought all that, including pdf or other docs, might be in the 1.3.7 "package".

Unfortunately the pdfs are only available under NDA. But since this is used by a bunch of open source programs that code provides a good hint as how to use the service.
danielk
SD Board Member

PreviousNext

Return to Developers Corner