Documentation??

Discussion about Schedules Direct grabber code and data formats.

Re: Documentation??

Postby rmeden » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:16 pm

johnsonsmythe, since the channel only appears once, and the data says it should appear twice, please click "report lineup problem" on your account page to report the lineup problem.

In the body...
Specify the channels that don't exist.
Include a URL for DirectTV that shows the channels missing. (if possible).

We can then report the issue to Tribune.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby johnsonsmythe » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:41 am

I must apologise, I was rude and there is no excuse for that. I do apologise (small children up all night makes you narky) :)

As for the problem, I cant deselect the station as its only in my lineup once but it appears in the station maps for my lineup in the xml twice under two different EPGs, this is the root of the problem. My app doesnt know which one to pick, if I wanted to opensource or freeware the app (which I would like to do) then its much more of an issue as it could affect lots of people (as I have multiple instances within my lineup of this problem).

Code: Select all
<map station='11331' channel='380'/>
<map station='11331' channel='880' from='2006-01-03'/>

The only one in my lineup selection is the "380", my app is going to have to try and be clever but I would imagine the 880 one should have a "to" field to say this particular entry has expired ... to be honest if the 'to' is older than 'now' then it shouldnt even be in the map (cos there is no point).

Code: Select all
<map station='19548' channel='509' from='2000-09-11'/>
<map station='19548' channel='70' from='2004-09-08'/>

This is a particular problem for my app as both are seemingly 'valid' as they both have valid from dates but have different epg numbers for the same station in the same lineup (i would have picked the later date thinking that it overrode the older one). If I look in my lineup selection under my account, HBOHD is on epg 509 and not 70.

Sorry again.
johnsonsmythe

Postby rmeden » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:48 pm

What you need is lineup filtering. (only get one lineup). XMLTV supports it, if you want to make your app read XMLTV files that can work too.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Previous

Return to Developers Corner