jsonTV ValueError [python]

Discussion about Schedules Direct grabber code and data formats.

jsonTV ValueError [python]

Postby lillian » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:56 am

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on how to proceed. I've seen this before with the json library when a fautly dict is passed. Here, however, am simply following the example in the jsonTV wiki page, I'm immediately getting some issues with the json endpoint. The username and password have successfully logged me into the site without issue. I installed the library using 'pip install jsonTV', not sure if that would lead to any issues.

Here's the wiki page:
https://github.com/hall5714/python-jsontv

And here is the error I get:

Code: Select all
>>> print(schedule.get_status())
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/jsontv.py", line 211, in get_status
    self._send_request()
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/jsontv.py", line 192, in _send_request
    self.response = self.request.get_response_text()
  File "/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/jsontv.py", line 104, in get_response_text
    return json.loads(self.response.text)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 365, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 383, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
lillian

Re: jsonTV ValueError [python]

Postby rkulagow » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Can you point to the page you're referring to when you talk about the jsonTV grabber?

Which API version number are you using?
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby lillian » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:08 am

The wiki page for the jsonTV package is linked about halfway through the post. I don't know the details of which API it is using.
lillian

Postby rkulagow » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:41 am

lillian wrote:The wiki page for the jsonTV package is linked about halfway through the post. I don't know the details of which API it is using.

Sorry, missed it.

I don't do Python, but based on the commit logs at github it hasn't kept up-to-date with the API.

API 20130709 is going to go into production this week.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby lillian » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:53 pm

I was able to change the api_version parameter to 20130512, but am still not able to log in. If anyone has thoughts on what I could be checking, please let me know.

Thanks.
lillian

Postby rkulagow » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:23 pm

lillian wrote:I was able to change the api_version parameter to 20130512, but am still not able to log in. If anyone has thoughts on what I could be checking, please let me know.

Send me a private message with some timestamps and the login that you're using so that I can check the logs server-side.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Return to Developers Corner