TMS Data Direct

Discussion about Schedules Direct grabber code and data formats.

TMS Data Direct

Postby sbtvlist » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:49 am

I am trying to get information using the tvDataDelivery.wsdl delivery method using soap. It seems the PDF's on

http://tmsdatadirect.com/docs/tv/

Requre a username and password. I tried my Schedules Direct account information but that failed.

What I am trying to accomplish is getting the program data into a MySql database using PHP and SOAP. I grabbed this code that grabs data but I want to know how to parse it. I used my Schedules Direct Username and PAssword and the client returned data. Now I need to parse and use it. I currently use XMLTX on a Windows system with a MS Sql Database and want to port it to an Apache Server.

Steve

<?php
$username='username';
$password='password';
$wsdl_url='http://docs.tms.tribune.com/tech/tmsdatadirect/schedulesdirect/tvDataDelivery.wsdl';
$start=gmdate("Y-m-d\TH:i:s\Z",time()); //today
$stop =gmdate("Y-m-d\TH:i:s\Z",time()+3600*24); //tomorrow (now + 24hrs)
$client = new SoapClient($wsdl_url, array('exceptions' => 0,'user_agent' => "php/".$_SERVER[SCRIPT_NAME],
'login' => strtolower($username),
'password' => $password));
$data = $client->download($start,$stop);
print_r($data);
?>
sbtvlist

Re: TMS Data Direct

Postby rmeden » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:53 pm

The WSDL is only used to get data. It sounds like you already have the data, but want documentation on the format to parse it. (most of Tribune's docs are not available publicly)

Look at the "Official Documentation and Sample Programs" sticky thread in this forum. There's an attached document XTVDSchemaDefinition.pdf which is what you're looking for.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby sbtvlist » Fri May 29, 2015 7:02 pm

Robert I'm revisiting this 3 years down the road. I am looking to run a PHP webpage and grab a weeks lineup into an xml file.

Steve
sbtvlist

Postby rmeden » Fri May 29, 2015 10:14 pm

The only thing that has really changed is the hostname in the URLs... now use dd.schedulesdirect.org
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Developers Corner