"Subchannel" Data?

"Subchannel" Data?

Postby opel70 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Hello, not sure if this would go here or in the "Listings" forum.

I am getting my broadcasting strictly using an OTA antenna to my MythTV PC. Some of my channels are showing the same listings for all of the subchannels. For example, 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3 all show the same data. I have gone in and manually changed the XMLTV channel info to what I believe is correct (by using the info from the Zap2It.com TV listings). However, when the automatic schedule update occurs, those channels revert back to having the same XMLTV code for all subchannels. What can I do to get these channels to keep the correct information for all of the subchannels?

I am pulling the OTA info for zip code 60188. I just reset all of my XMLTV codes, so we'll see if they stay this time.

Tim
opel70

Re: "Subchannel" Data?

Postby rmeden » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:30 am

The data treats sub-channels as separate stations. If you get a lineup report from the "my account" page on SD do the sub-channels have the same XML-ID? If not, hey should have different data.

I'm not sure why MythTV would set the XMLids back to the same, or if our data shows different XMLids (as I suspect it does) where it decides what value to use for them.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: "Subchannel" Data?

Postby xris » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:16 pm

That's odd -- mythfilldatabase shouldn't be touching the channel lineup by default (it's supposed to load them once and not touch them again until you ask). However, I've been running 0.22 trunk/beta/whatever for ages, so maybe there is a bug about this that was fixed awhile ago.

You might also try asking on one of the official MythTV lists, or popping into IRC where there are a lot of people around to answer questions.
xris
SD Board Member

Return to General Discussions