10%
Huh?
No votes
This is not necessary...
10%

Total votes : 10

RFC: Email when lineup changes?

Postby bjmckenz » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:33 am

Would it be possible to have schedulesdirect ship an email out when one of "your" lineups changes by the addition or deletion of channels?

The reason I ask is that they magically show up on my MythTV guide (with their programs cluttering the Program Finder) even if I can't get them or don't want them.

Sure, when I see that I log in and edit my lineup...but I'd sure appreciate a proactive email.

(and in a related story, I'm a Perl/DB guy, so contact me if I can assist with this. I'd be happy to ship my resume upon request so you can check my qualifications)

I scanned the forums and didn't see this topic listed. If I missed it, please let me know.
bjmckenz

Re: RFC: Email when lineup changes?

Postby rmeden » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:32 pm

This may be doable... not directly, but we can use the "flat file" feed we're developing to detect the changes, then have a thread on the main SD account server to see what lineups folks have and send the email.

And we may pull you in to help with the coding too... :)
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: RFC: Email when lineup changes?

Postby scb147 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:34 am

This is a must with DIRECTV. I'm not sure if Dish is like DIRECTV in that it changes its channel lineup constantly. It gets pretty annoying. So an email update would be nice to get so I can make sure to look that everything is still working.
scb147

Return to General Discussions