Blackberry listings

Blackberry listings

Postby MeisterEMH » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:17 am

So, I'm looking for a good TV listing application for the Blackberry 8310.
The one I find using Google, (made by Handmark) I get the impression that it uses a lot of downloading via the Blackberry itself,
which of course costs money for every kilobyte.

anyone know of an application (like the one for the Pocket PC), that downloads the 14 days of listings using my computer,
and then synchronizes it with the device, i.e. the Blackberry?

thanks.
MeisterEMH

Re: Blackberry listings

Postby xris » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:21 pm

Sorry, I haven't heard of one. However, if you happen to run across one and it's free and/or open source, you can feel free to put them in touch with us to see if they would qualify to be added to our list of approved applications.
xris
SD Board Member

Postby MeisterEMH » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:08 pm

xris wrote:Sorry, I haven't heard of one. However, if you happen to run across one and it's free and/or open source, you can feel free to put them in touch with us to see if they would qualify to be added to our list of approved applications.

I could even live with a PC-based TV Guide,
as long as it was capable of copying entries to the calendar in Microsoft Outlook.
MeisterEMH

Postby MeisterEMH » Tue May 26, 2009 8:51 am

Stil looking for an application that will let me browse TV guide listings and let me copy individual entries to my Outlook calendar.
I have a Blackberry 8310.
MeisterEMH

Postby MeisterEMH » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Anyone know of a web-based TV listing that will let me copy an entry to Microsoft Outlook?
(kind of like this webpage for sunrise/sunset, except i want TV listings http://www.calendar-updates.com/sun.asp)
MeisterEMH

Postby rmeden » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 pm

don't now of one, but shouldn't be that hard to generate a ics file for a show. Maybe approach some of the guide viewers like TVG to add the feature.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to General Discussions