Wow, that was fast

slim

Re: Wow, that was fast

Post by slim » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:07 pm

Very good. I just showed my wife that we had it extended the first time, she said wow this is cheap.

Thank you again.

pdragon

Post by pdragon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:36 pm

Another thank you. I just paid for my 6 months this past week, so this was a very nice surprise!

Artebonz

Post by Artebonz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Many, many thanks to all involved! Impressive to say the least and surprising to many a member I'm sure (in a good way of course).

marc.aronson

Post by marc.aronson » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:47 pm

Congratulation's on a job well done -- you work is appreciated by the entire community!

Marc

Greek Wizard

Post by Greek Wizard » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:22 pm

Ok, I can see that this is going to come out wrong, but it's not intended to.

The change to 9 months is a very nice surprise, however IMO, the people that signed up early and took the risk could have been rewarded with their subscriptions changed to a year.

The first set of people who bought in, bought at $15 / 3 months, and have the same package now as the guy that signs up today (9 = $15, 12 = $20)

The 3 extra months 3 would simply have been a "thanks to those that trusted and supported us"

Now I can understand if maybe that would put you guys in the red those 3 months, and as such can understand if that is th reason it was not done, but I would like to know if it was ever a possibility or even discussed?

vjorrand

Post by vjorrand » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Actually the early adopters were given a bonus already.
On the first extension (from 3 to 6 months) we received one extra day for each day we had had the service.
That added up to a full month for the ones who signed up on day 1.

Vincent

vjorrand

Post by vjorrand » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:47 pm

OK,before someone else points it out, I had my math wrong, it was 23 bonus days, I was thinking one month, because my end date is 10 months from my signup date: 9 "paid" months, 23 "bonus" days and 7 "trial" days

Vincent

ldkronos

Post by ldkronos » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:28 am

Greek Wizard wrote:I can see that this is going to come out wrong
You're right. It did.

So who were the trusting and supporting members who deserve the extra 3 months? Those that signed up on Sept 1? Sept 2? Sept 7? Sept 15? When you are talking about a span of about 3 weeks, it's hard to say someone was more trusting and supportive. I didn't pay for my account until Sept 14, because frankly, thats about as quick as I could. I was completely behind this project from the moment I heard about it, but considering working during the week, doing art shows 2 out of 3 of those weekends, and being sick the other weekend, and having to download and rewrite parts of xmltv (and rewrite parts of mythfilldatabase) to integrate with my over 2 year old version of mythtv (and before you suggest it, I barely had time to do that, much less actually upgrade the box and fix everything that would break), that was about as quick as I could move.

I'm sorry that you apparently have more free time than me (good for you) but that doesn't make you more supportive. I might say that I was the one more supportive...considering I appear to have so much more to do, yet I still was supportive enough to squeeze in the upgrade quickly because, even though the price was still $60/year, and even though I already had a screen scraping solution in place (for free), I really wanted to support SD.

83mercedes

Post by 83mercedes » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:35 am

I'd like to add my 'THANK YOU" to all who work on this project.
I just checked my MythTV status, and out of the blue, I'm covered till June 2008...all for a measly $15.00
and well worth every cent....so THANKS for keeping your promise to extend subscriptions, and give free bonus time, and everything you do.
:)

rdeluccio

Post by rdeluccio » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:39 am

I just wanted to say congrats for hitting the established target so fast and thank you for your amazingly quick solution for us joe users.

I was waffling on whether to scrape or not, and it came up in conversation between my wife and I. She dressed me down for not jumping on the chance to add our names to the supporters of this great project.

To everyone involved, we just want to take this opportunity to thank you for doing exactly what you said you would. Well done.