No channel mapping for new channel

No channel mapping for new channel

Postby jswelsh2001 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Hi,

I use Schedules Direct to provide the channel guide in NextPVR. One of our local channels added a new over-the-air digital sub-channel last week. I went into NextPVR to setup the channel details for the new channel, but Schedules Direct does not show a mapping option for the new channel, so it won't download a guide for it.

Is this something I need to contact Schedules Direct about, just wait for it to appear, or what action do I need to take?

Thanks for your help!
jswelsh2001

Re: No channel mapping for new channel

Postby gtb » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:59 pm

You should probably open a ticket with Schedules Direct for new OTA sub-channels (as a "missing" channel). It is *possible* others will do so before you, and it is *possible* GraceNote (the guide upstream) will do it (if the station works with them), so if you just wait someone else might do the work and you get it, but because none of those can be known to you, just open the ticket (in worst case you get a message saying something to the effect "already in progress").

As always, provide as much information as possible in the ticket to help the process (station (eg: WZXC), sub-channel number (eg: 43-3), affiliation (eg: Decades)). Sometimes those are not needed, and sometimes they help the process. I have rarely been told I provided too much information.

Note that because new sub-channels will require the guide upstream to contact the station owner to arrange the new data feeds, it can occasionally take more than the usual few days for things to get adjusted/added/updated/deleted.
gtb

Return to General Discussions