Netflix listings

Netflix listings

Postby Alan1129 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a listing of the programs and movies that are available on Netflix.
I know Netflix offers a screen of available movies, but I prefer having the data that I can sort and filter the way I want it.
Alan1129

Re: Netflix listings

Postby rmeden » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:55 am

At first I thought Netflix wouldn't make it available, but then I remembered that if you use a Google search for a movie, it may include a link to Netflix... so, I would ask the netflix folks if they make it available.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby Alan1129 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:24 pm

Thanks for your reply!
I did request that in a chat session with Netflix and she told me that they do not have such a listing.
I told her that I am certain that they do have such a listing because I know that their web developers could not possibly do their jobs without one.
She said that she would forward my request to management for consideration. I'm not holding my breath.
That's when I got the idea that Schedules Direct may either have it or know where I could get it.
Alan
Alan1129

Postby gtb » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Netflix used to have a developer API, but I believe they closed down the general availability/access quite some time ago (I would not be surprised if the "big boys" maintained access).
gtb

Postby Alan1129 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:30 pm

"Somebody" has to have the data.
It sure would be nice if I could get them to share it (or even sell it).
Alan1129

Postby gtb » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:02 pm

Alan1129 wrote:"Somebody" has to have the data.
It sure would be nice if I could get them to share it (or even sell it).

Here was a reference to the shutdown: https://gigaom.com/2014/11/14/netflix-i ... api-today/ (I knew I had remembered it had been shut down).

I do suspect they will still provide access to the information for people willing to partner directly with them, but likely only at large scale and for unique insights. Your company can probably contact Netflix corporate relations if you are talking about a service for millions of people. For one or two you likely have no chance unless one of the existing partners has their own API access.
gtb

Return to General Discussions