Any way to add season and episode details to subtitle?

Any way to add season and episode details to subtitle?

Postby elsmandino » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:22 am

Hello,

I am currently using NPVR with SD and everything is working brilliantly but for one thing:

I only use NPVR as the backend - all clients are raspberry Pi's, running Kodi (Libreelec).

When I look at the guide, none of the details about the episode or season is there.

I did ask, on the NPVR forum about this, and the developer did inform me that this was being looked into for future editions of the NPVR Kodi addon.

I was just wondering whether there was any way to add the Season and Episode information to the beginning of the subtitle.

When I was using Argus TV and Webgrabplus+, I had to do this with an built in program called Rex.

Not only would this improve the guide, as far as Kodi goes, but it would also improve the NPVR guide too - at the moment, you have to press the details button on every channel to see the season and episode number. It would be nice if it was already there.

Thanks
elsmandino

Re: Any way to add season and episode details to subtitle?

Postby rkulagow » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:46 am

Are you using NextPVR with the JSON service?

The season and episode data is located in the metadata; what the application does with it, or how it's displayed is up to the application. If you want S/E to be included in the subtitle that will have to be done after it's been downloaded to your system through some sort of post-processing mechanism.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Return to General Discussions