EPG Hit And Miss It Will Be Me

EPG Hit And Miss It Will Be Me

Postby Arfer Daley » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:54 am

hi folks
I have took the plunge and upgraded to w10 which as you know does not have media centre in it
so after a week of cruzing the web for a replacement i decided on NEXT Pvr I find it very good on the whole easy to use
I have 2 pc's one running free-view on windows 10 With TBS OTA Card and one running windows 10 with a OTA TBS Satellite card Card sat card pointes at 28.2E Astra 2
I was pulling in the EPG on both free sat and free view with no problem
i tried the 7day trial for schedule direct and was getting the same full 7day EPG I paid the yearly subscription and from that day on i can no longer get a full 7day EPG on the free sat the free-view is fine i followed the video to setup schedule direct which went without a hitch for the free-view but the satellite has become a bit of a nightmare some of the listing channels say Schedule Direct And Quite A Few Say DVB/ATSC EPG i have tried all ways to sort this + reading the various posts here but my brain wont take it in if i do a manual epg update i get most listings back but it takes anything upto 1/2Hr to complete
could it be that i have moved channels around in the settings list or should i manually change the DVB/ATSC Epg in settings i am going round in circles now as i say when i first installed free view and free sat EPG were working fine until i paid for the service i paid for the service because it was working great thanks for reading this as you can read i am not very technical so dont shout too loud thanks for any advice free sat and free view are on different pc's if that helps
Arfer Daley

Re: EPG Hit And Miss It Will Be Me

Postby rkulagow » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:08 am

Hi, if you're having issues with NextPVR, the NextPVR forums would be the best place to ask for advice. "sub", the developer, is very responsive to issues around the software.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby Arfer Daley » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:37 am

thanks for the reply to be honest i dont know where the issue lies as i said this problem only started once i paid for the schedule direct service so i will post the above their and see what happens thanks for the reply
Arfer Daley

Postby rmeden » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:10 pm

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums has info on getting Windows Media Center working with Windows 10.
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby Arfer Daley » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:42 pm

thanks for that i do admit i did get MCE fully working along with full EPG on W10 but decided that someday soon its gonna die so best sort something out now rather than have a panic attack further down the line the old brain cells ain't what they used too be Next Pvr Seemed To Be The Best And Simplest one out their for me anyway
thanks again for your input
Arfer Daley

Postby rmeden » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:58 am

The good news is that with EPG123 and SD, Media Center will probably be able to continue without Micro$oft services!

I'm not saying you shouldn't look for other solutions, just there's a good chance the community will be able to keep Media Center going.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to General Discussions