Merged TV Listings

Merged TV Listings

Postby skipfire » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:16 am

I have found that if a show is back to back it sometimes gets merged into one block. I pull listings for Indianapolis metro OTA (zip 46033 to be specific) and ABC had a 2-hour block listed for Agent Carter on 2/16 and another one is listed for 2/23 from 9pm to 11pm, but it is actually two different episodes each time. I also noticed this happened with the season opener in January. Galavant also has done this for every episode so it isn't just one TV show that I see this with.

Looking through I haven't found a good way to tell that it's a double episode, and ideally they would list separately. I'm guessing that the source SD gets data from has the data merged, but is there some way to mark it as a double so I could split it while recording, or just have them be split into 2 entries?
skipfire

Re: Merged TV Listings

Postby rmeden » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:14 pm

I think that's how the network/producers describe it, so that's the way the data is done.

What I suspect is they want to treat it as a 2-hour special now.... but when it goes to syndication treat it as a normal sized episode.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Merged TV Listings

Postby skipfire » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:16 pm

That's a bummer. All the ones I have seen have discreet intros and credits and are not "to be continued" episodes but rather discreet story lines.
skipfire

Return to General Discussions