Lineup limit

Lineup limit

Postby heavyjoost » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 am

I was trying to add another lineup but it shows me a message that I can't have more than 4 lineups. I tried both the website and the JSON service, same results. I'm trying to find out if I can use SD for my needs so I'm still in the trial period, is this why I'm limited? I want to become a member but I like to know in advance if 4 lineups is all I can have. To get around this I could add a lineup, get the data, remove it again and go on to the next one but I don't think the servers will be happy with that ;)
heavyjoost

Re: Lineup limit

Postby rkulagow » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:51 am

The JSON service has a soft limit of 4 lineups. If you need more than 4 you'll need to contact us to discuss your requirements.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby rmeden » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:26 pm

Why do you need more than 4 lineups? That number is already pretty generous.

Are you trying to use the service for commercial use? (a big no-no)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby heavyjoost » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm on C and Ku band FTA so as far as I know I just need to add a bunch of lineups with one or two channels here and there. It's just for personal use of course. I tried finding the channels in the 4DTV and C-Band lineups but I can't find most of them there. When I was searching for channels here I found that using the zipcode of the channel was the best way using the antenna lineup. That does mean I need probably over 20 lineups with usually one or channel per lineup and the rest disabled. It would be awesome if I could create a custom lineup and just add the channels I need ;)

I don't know if it matters but I was looking into using the JSON service for all this. I was actually working on a SD JSON module for Perl but I figured I better make sure I can actually get all the channels I need :)
heavyjoost

Postby rkulagow » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:20 pm

We have actually offered a FTA lineup in the past on the JSON service and no one that said they were interested actually followed through.

Please send me a PM and we can start the process of creating a real FTA lineup so that you don't need 20 lineups.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby heavyjoost » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Sounds great. Sent you a PM.
heavyjoost

Return to General Discussions