TMS dropping Data Direct!!! But no reason to panic.

Re: TMS dropping Data Direct!!! But no reason to panic.

Postby TPeterson » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:57 am

rmeden wrote:
TPeterson wrote:
rmeden wrote:Eventually you'll manage the lineups using the SD web site just like you do now.
Robert, please clarify. "Eventually" means in November, or sometime later?

Eventually. Like Yesterday. :)

I updated the sd-dd "live" thread.

Robert
Thanks. That's even better. :D
TPeterson

Does anyone have an example Perl script?

Postby GLCamp » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:39 am

Long, long ago I discovered XMLTV when it was still a "scraper".
Used it as a basis for my strictly-for-personal use "scraper".
When Zap2It labs started offering schedule data, I had never even heard of SOAP.
So, again, I looked at the XMLTV grabber code as an example.
Now, seven years later, I find myself back at square one. I have no knowledge of JSON-RPC.

Neither of the current (version 0.5.65) XMLTV grabbers (tv_grab_na_dd and tv_grab_na_dtv) are for the new Schedules Direct JSON protocol.

I hate to re-invent the wheel. If anybody has a working Perl script/module to download the new Schedules Direct JSON format via the JSON protocol I would be forever grateful.

Just to reiterate, my use of Schedules Direct data and any code used to download and/or manipulate it is strictly for my own personal use.
I am not a commercial software developer, just a TV hobbyist.

Thanks in advance.
GLCamp

Postby rkulagow » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:08 pm

If you don't care about the language that it's written in, there is already a grabber:

https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/mfdb ... I-20140530
rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: Does anyone have an example Perl script?

Postby rmeden » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:19 pm

GLCamp, you know you don't need to move to SD-JSON... You can just use SD-DD with your existing code. There are no plans for it to go away. (unless you want some of the new data fields in sd-json)

A few people have talked about writing an XMLTV grabber (probably called tv_grab_sd_json as it has data available for many countries).

RobertE
rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: Something Broke Last Nght

Postby rkulagow » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:11 pm

martyg wrote:Started happening last night:
1. I did a git pull before running, still reporting mismtach
2. sd@localhost is the wrong account for my SQL database, always was mythtv@localhost

Code: 1045
Message: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'sd'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

You ended up running the grabber while it was in development; that's why I added the --x parameter so that I could test things out.

At this point what you need to do it git pull again; there are instructions at the top of the README.md that lets you know what's going on.

As of v0.19, we don't use mythconverg to store SchedulesDirect data; we setup a separate database for that; the error is because you haven't done the creation part yet.

Send me a private message if you need help getting your system running.
rkulagow
SD Staff

Postby rmeden » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:34 pm

You guys may want to move JSON support issues to another thread... don't need to scare folks who start reading this. (I'm trying to move SD-DD stuff out too)
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby skst » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:32 pm

rmeden wrote:
TPeterson wrote:
rmeden wrote:Eventually you'll manage the lineups using the SD web site just like you do now.
Robert, please clarify. "Eventually" means in November, or sometime later?
Eventually. Like Yesterday. :)

My Schedules Direct account now says: "You have no lineups configured. You should probably consider adding at least one lineup." Where did my lineup go? Can I get it back? I'd hate to have to re-configure it, but if it'll still work, I suppose it's a small price to pay.

I've tried clicking "Re-Add All Lineups" but it just displays an error message:

Notice:
Re-add no longer supported

Am I missing something? I've been trying to read all the threads, but it's far too much information to keep up with, and there's no single "How To" post anywhere that I can find.
USA-IL58819-X
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
Naperville USA 60005
skst

Postby rmeden » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:15 pm

skst wrote:My Schedules Direct account now says: "You have no lineups configured. You should probably consider adding at least one lineup." Where did my lineup go? Can I get it back? I'd hate to have to re-configure it, but if it'll still work, I suppose it's a small price to pay.

During the transition period from Tribune to Schedules Driect's DataDirect servers, did you manually configure your system to only use Tribune's servers? Did you ever connect to the SD-DD server? During the transition period, your lineup should have been copied on first connect.

I'm not sure if Tribune's servers are still up, but if you email admin@sd or PM me your password that was used before the cutover (in case you changed it), I can try and fetch your lineups.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby skst » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:12 pm

I've PMed you. Thanks for looking at this on a weekend.
USA-IL58819-X
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
Naperville USA 60005
skst

Postby rmeden » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:35 pm

For everyone else's benefit , I was able to add the lineups, and he was using the hosts file to only point to Tribune's servers.

That's no longer a good idea. :)

As far as the weekend goes... everyone at SD has day jobs... the weekend is when we have more time!

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions