fetch listings in mythtv-setup

reltuboel

fetch listings in mythtv-setup

Post by reltuboel » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:06 pm

I'm using SD with mythtv 0.27.3 (up-to-date mythbuntu).

When I fiddle with my SD account lineups, I am not able to get this reflected in mythtv-setup without some significant lag (> 1 hour). I think I am a victim of a cache. Is this on the SD end? Or is it my isp? How can I work around this?

Leo

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: fetch listings in mythtv-setup

Post by rmeden » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:14 pm

The problem is probably on Gracenote's side (formerly Tribune).... it's a known issue.

The only real solution I can offer is the new JSON based grabber for MythTV.

Robert

reltuboel

Post by reltuboel » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:08 am

rmeden wrote:The problem is probably on Gracenote's side (formerly Tribune).... it's a known issue.
I don't know how SD works behind the scenes, but I don't know if the problem I am seeing would be
caused by a listings provider (as I assume Gracenote/Tribune is). The problem I am experiencing includes updating an existing line-up (e.g. editing the channel list). I know that the last time I had to do this (~6 months ago), these changes were propagated immediately.
The only real solution I can offer is the new JSON based grabber for MythTV.
Robert
Thanks, I will look at that when I get a chance.

Leo

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Gracenote hosts the XML service. (lineups + data) downloads. When they added mid-day updates to the data, it caused a delay on their redo log propagation to slave databases.

The JSON service is all SD hosted, so we have full control. (and full blame :) )

Robert