How long do changes take to propogate?

am4c130d

How long do changes take to propogate?

Post by am4c130d » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi,

I modified my lineup for the first time in a year or so (added channels and deleted my second lineup) about 10 hours ago, and while these were updated immediately at the web interface, MythTV still downloads two lineups (there is only one via the web interface), and the selected lineup doesn't match the web interface (25 channels of 54 are missing). I've have clicked the readd lineup a few times to no avail.

How long is this supposed to take, and how do I force a change to be available to download in a reasonable amount of time - i.e. within an hour?

Thanks

rkulagow
SD Staff

Re: How long do changes take to propogate?

Post by rkulagow » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:21 am

The changes should be almost immediate. There's instructions viewtopic.php?f=6&t=295 to allow you to download the raw XML; there are two methods. If the "xmltv" method is inaccurate, then open a ticket. If downloading the raw data outside of MythTV is correct, then you know it's MythTV.

am4c130d

Re: How long do changes take to propogate?

Post by am4c130d » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:07 am

thanks for the reply. I checked it this morning, having reset my password which I'd seen in another post with the same issues - and mythfilldatabase downloaded the old line up - that was 18 hours after the changes. Last night I'd also view the raw XMLTV and it appeared to be the old line up as well.

In the end, I deleted all of my line ups, ran mythfilldatabase which complained of no line up information, readded my one line up with the correct channels, ran mythfilldatabase again and it appears to be correct - i.e. all the channels were added, and program data for two weeks.

There are three channels left from my previous line up that are not in the new line up (they have no program data, as none is being downloaded), so undoubtably, MythTV is messed up a bit, but having had to basically reset my SD account as well, suggests that something is/was not right with the SD side either.