local news marked rerun

DrSmith

local news marked rerun

Post by DrSmith » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Not sure if this is a MythTV question or schedules direct, but all my nightly local news episodes are marked as reruns. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm in the Boston, USA area. The nightly national news episodes are not marked as reruns.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Re: local news marked rerun

Post by rmeden » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:50 pm

I've seen this before... Tribune doesn't set the "NEW" flag (there is no repeat flag, just a new flag) on SPorts and I remember something about the LIVE flag too.

If the LIVE flag isn't set, then it should be reported as an episode problem, but I think if the LIVE flag is set, it should be assumed new.

Robert

DrSmith

Post by DrSmith » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:19 am

Here's a pic of my listings. I don't know what "LIVE" and "NEW" are. They are not part of the MythTV listing display. Is there a CLI command I can run that will provide more insight?
Attachments
rrnews.jpg
rrnews.jpg (69.52 KiB) Viewed 19738 times

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:03 am

If your local news doesn't provide updates to Tribune, then they'll be marked as re-runs because you'll see that the original air date is probably some where in the 1990's.

DrSmith

Post by DrSmith » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 am

Oh, interesting. All of the local news Original Air Dates are behind. CBS-2000, ABC-1999, NBC-2012. So this means that all three of my local network affiliates do not update Tribune? Is there any way to correct this?

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:13 am

If you can convince your local news to provide updates, then yes.

Otherwise with the existing XML service, no.

With the beta JSON service, probably, but it would need to be added as a feature request.

https://github.com/SchedulesDirect/JSON ... state=open

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:38 pm

The original air date is old because it is a SH* episode-id not a EP* episode ID. Original Air Date for a SH* episode ID is the start of the series.

If there is a SH* episode ID, that means Tribune doesn't have any details about the episode. IIRC mews shows are typically are SH* episode IDs.

Robert

DrSmith

Post by DrSmith » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:37 am

So I can confirm that my local news listings are indeed marked as SH* with old Original Air Dates, while the national news is marked EP* and a new O.A.Date daily. But does this change where the problem lies? Does the MythTV DB already have enough info to make a different judgement about the "Rerun" label? Does Tribune need to be told that the local news programs are EP* not SH*? Or is it up to my local affiliates to change they way they send info to Tribune?

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:34 pm

The reason it is SP* not EP* is because the local station hasn't told Tribune it's a new episode, so they use the generic ID.

Yes, for local news it doesn't make sense, but if the station doesn't say it's a new episode, should Tribune assume it is? Better to let the end user/app decide.