New feature: QAM Maps

dcantor

Re: New feature: QAM Maps

Post by dcantor » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:12 am

[quote="bis"]thanks for the reply.

I am a digital newb.

what's this data? looks kinda like a qam map to me
[/quote]

When I plugged in my own zip code into that URL, I found what looks like a QAM map for my area, too.

http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/li ... b/US:06340

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:00 pm

pgbennett wrote:How do I know if there is a QAM map for my area? Where do I look for it? Is there some URL to download it from? What is the URL?

If there is no QAM map for my area I can contribute one. I have a script which runs every day to update my QAM data from the scte65 data.

The biggest problem I see with QAM data is that it changes without notice around midnight, whenever the cable company decides. I have a script that runs at 7 AM every day to update the QAM data. I could add to the script the logic to check if the map has changed and if it has mail the result to schedules direct.

Peter
If there is QAM data for your headend, it will appear in the Lineup Editor on the Schedules Direct web page.

We know that QAM can change every 10 minutes if the providers want to, but most QAM maps appear to be fairly stable.

There are two scripts that are already written that create the qam map file which is processed by some scripts on our side before they're made available to users.

jstotz

Post by jstotz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:17 am

I thought that this data was supposed to include the copy bit info as well. If not, where can I get that?

Lexridge

Post by Lexridge » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:43 pm

I am using Fedora 14 with MythTV 24.1 When I try to run the qamextract.pl program, I get this.

Incompatible protocol version (23056 != 63) at /usr/local/share/perl5/MythTV.pm line 651.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at /usr/local/share/perl5/MythTV.pm line 377.
Unable to connect to mythbackend, is it running?

My mythbackend is of course running. Any ideas?

Thanks

poflynn

Post by poflynn » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:49 pm

I'm happy to contribute a QAM map, there isn't any for my area right now on SD. But I get this error when I run it?

[mythtv@linhes7 ~]$ perl /myth/tmp/qamscanner.pl
Can't locate File/HomeDir.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/LH/tweaker/lib /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/share/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl /usr/share/perl5/core_perl /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/current /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current .) at /myth/tmp/qamscanner.pl line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /myth/tmp/qamscanner.pl line 24.
[mythtv@linhes7 ~]$

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:43 am

poflynn wrote:I'm happy to contribute a QAM map, there isn't any for my area right now on SD. But I get this error when I run it?

[mythtv@linhes7 ~]$ perl /myth/tmp/qamscanner.pl
Can't locate File/HomeDir.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/LH/tweaker/lib /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/share/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl /usr/share/perl5/core_perl /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5/current /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current .) at /myth/tmp/qamscanner.pl line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /myth/tmp/qamscanner.pl line 24.
[mythtv@linhes7 ~]$
From the readme:

Requirements:
You'll need to install XMLTV and run tv_grab_na_dd --configure first. This
will pull down a channel map for your account from Schedules Direct.

You need to install libfile-homedir-perl in order to run the script:
$ sudo apt-get install libfile-homedir-perl

if you're on Ubuntu.

lonnieb

Post by lonnieb » Tue May 14, 2013 11:11 pm

http://brighthouse.com/static/documents ... up_BAK.PDF

That's the QAM channel list for Brighthouse digital in Bakersfield, CA -- Is that enough information for you to build a QAM Map from?

Lonnie

lonnieb

Post by lonnieb » Tue May 14, 2013 11:14 pm

lonnieb wrote:http://brighthouse.com/static/documents ... up_BAK.PDF

That's the QAM channel list for Brighthouse digital in Bakersfield, CA -- Is that enough information for you to build a QAM Map from?

Lonnie
If not, I can go through my OTA channel list and get the matching XMLTVID for the channels... if that would help.