New feature: QAM Maps

neopelago

Re: New feature: QAM Maps

Post by neopelago » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Is this really an announcement, or should it be discussed in a subtopic category? I am getting a little tired of getting "Announcement" emails only to discover it is more of this thread, in which I have no interest.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:06 pm

It's a little of both.. I don't see a reason folks can't discuss a announcement within it's topic.

You can unsubscribe from a topic without unsubscribing from the forum. The unsubscribe link should be at the bottom of a topic.

It's possible folks are automatically subscribed to topics by default in a forum they are subscribed to.

Robert

neopelago

Post by neopelago » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:20 pm

And if I unsubscribe from announcements, where do I subscribe to receive notice of ShedulesDirect announcements regarding policy and services which affect all subscribers?

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:35 am

If we have a QAM map for your headend, it will appear in the Schedules Direct lineup editor.

If we don't have one, then you can run a QAM scan or a QAM extract using the programs discussed in the forum and we'll get the QAM map added to your head end.

You would send the resulting files to qam-info@schedulesdirect.org

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:27 pm

neopelago wrote:And if I unsubscribe from announcements, where do I subscribe to receive notice of ShedulesDirect announcements regarding policy and services which affect all subscribers?
You can unsubscribe from this one thread w/o unsubscribing from announcements.

Anything major (like a policy or license change) we would need to send a direct email.

Robert

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:08 pm

That's not QAM - that's 8VSB tuning information for over-the-air, and it's not a "secret". It's fairly static, and our data already provides this information. The trick is the QAM data, which is used by cable providers.