Mythtv: Two lineups from same source?

francis_reader

Mythtv: Two lineups from same source?

Post by francis_reader » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:00 am

I have a HDHomeRun and HDHomeRun prime CC3, both connected to Comcast-digital

In order for me to record up 5 channels, within myth, I would like to assign the non-prime to a ClearQAM lineup, and the Prime to ClearQAM+CopyFreely lineup.

SD currently doesn't allow two copies of the same lineup source to exist in the account.

Is there a way I can generate a ClearQAM and CLearQAM+CopyFreely lineups using Comcast-digital as my source line, from which I can edit the Copy-freely/premiums from the ClearQAM lineup?

TIA

Fran

dallas8101

Re: Mythtv: Two lineups from same source?

Post by dallas8101 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:25 pm

I have the same need. I have a hd and a sd comcast box. I would like to specify different channels to the 2 devices. So hopefully we can get an answer.

rmeden
SD Board Member

Post by rmeden » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:19 pm

The way the back-ends are designed, it's just not possible at the moment.

Some workarounds:
1. An application that supports filtering. I know MythTV can take one SD feed and split it into two different devices.

2. Download the data into XMLTV format. XMLTV's tv_grab_na_dd supports channel filtering, so just use two different config files. Most apps support XMLTV formatted files.

3. Sign up for a second SD account (it's up to you to decide if it's worth it)

I don't mean to sound unhelpful, there's nothing I can do about it.

Robert

dlparker

Post by dlparker » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:50 am

I tried option 3 (sign up for a second SD account), but it wouldn't let me because I used the same email address. If I can get it working with the 7-day free trial period, I'd get at least the extended trial membership.

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:59 pm

dlparker wrote:I tried option 3 (sign up for a second SD account), but it wouldn't let me because I used the same email address. If I can get it working with the 7-day free trial period, I'd get at least the extended trial membership.
Can you let us know why you need two copies of the same lineup?

Thanks.

dlparker

Post by dlparker » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:14 pm

rkulagow wrote:
dlparker wrote:I tried option 3 (sign up for a second SD account), but it wouldn't let me because I used the same email address. If I can get it working with the 7-day free trial period, I'd get at least the extended trial membership.
Can you let us know why you need two copes of the same lineup?

Thanks.
Not two copies of the same lineup - two video sources - one OTA and one cable. I have two hdhomeruns, the original and now discontinued two input/two tuner model, and the hdhr3, the current one input/two tuner model. Using mythtv on Fedora 16, I'm getting perfect OTA hidef tv on my first hdhomerun, and I'd like to be able to get our Surewest Kansas City cable lineup working in mythtv on the new hdhr3.

rkulagow
SD Staff

Post by rkulagow » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:10 pm

dlparker wrote:
rkulagow wrote:
Can you let us know why you need two copes of the same lineup?

Thanks.
Not two copies of the same lineup - two video sources - one OTA and one cable. I have two hdhomeruns, the original and now discontinued two input/two tuner model, and the hdhr3, the current one input/two tuner model. Using mythtv on Fedora 16, I'm getting perfect OTA hidef tv on my first hdhomerun, and I'd like to be able to get our Surewest Kansas City cable lineup working in mythtv on the new hdhr3.
There shouldn't be any reason that you can't add two different lineups (one "Antenna" and one "Surewest", if Surewest is available in your zip code) to your Schedules Direct account and then configure MythTV appropriately.

Padan62

Post by Padan62 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 am

I have two hdhomeruns, the original and now discontinued two input/two tuner model, and the hdhr3, the current one input/two tuner model. Using mythtv on Fedora 16, I'm getting perfect OTA hidef tv on my first hdhomerun, and I'd like to be able to get our Surewest Kansas City cable lineup working in mythtv on the new hdhr3.
San Diego Office & Modular Design

digitalray

Post by digitalray » Wed May 02, 2012 5:22 am

I think this got sidetracked somehow.

The OP wanted 2 lineups with the exact same provider (Comcast):
1. ClearQAM channels which can be received with hd homerun receivers without cablecard
2. subscribed ClearQAM+CopyFreely channels which can be received by hd homerun receivers with cablecard

The need for this is because mythtv can bind receivers to lineups to be used to set up the channels initially, then dynamically update the channels whenever the provider changes anything.

It adds convenience - channels selected in the SchedulesDirect UI would dynamically show up in mythtv with receivers having different capabilities that use the same provider.

The work around is to use bind a single lineup to both receivers then manually remove the channels you can't get from the older receiver's channel list and not allow dynamic updates for that receiver. This isn't very convenient since changes occur that will necessitate manual intervention to get channels back after changes.

This affects me as well as the OP.

csfuu1

Post by csfuu1 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:23 pm

I have exactly the same problem: mythtv with an older, original HDHomeRun and a new HDHomeRun Prime that is able to receive additional channels from my digital cable provider (even without a cable card). The OP and DigitalRay have both explained the situation pretty well I think.