Mythtv Q: How to cfg both Broadcast & Digital Cable channels

Mythtv Q: How to cfg both Broadcast & Digital Cable channels

Postby scsd1492 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:07 pm

Been running mythtv with broadcast locals for a while using a HDHomeRun connected to a 10' attic antenna. It works great.

Just got a HD-PVR to connect to a FIOS HD STB.

Due to FIOS not carrying the "This" channel plus the broadcast HD quality seems better, I'd like to keep the HDHomeRun on the antenna and my one new recording source attached to cable box.

Its not clear to me how to configure the "video sources" now that I'll have two differing sets of providers -- My existing video source for broadcast is called "Schedules Direct" .

It has "Data Direct Lineup" set to PC:75025 and "Channel Frequency Table" set to Default. Does this need to change to: us-bcast?

I created a 2nd video source called "Schedules Dir Fios" and the "Channel Frequency Table" is now: us-cable.

on this one I cannot set a "Data Direct Lineup" as there is nothing to select.

And when I click "Retrieve Lineups" a popup appears very briefly -- too fast to read -- and nothing seems to happen.

Before I did all of this I added a 2nd lineup to my SD account, and edited the channel list for my cable package.

So in there I have:

75025 Keller, US Verizon Fios Keller - Digital CableDigital
75025 Plano, US Local Broadcast Listings - Antenna LocalBroadcast

Any pointers you can provide would be appreciated as I cannot find anything with a google search for a configuration like this.

thanks.
scsd1492

Re: Mythtv Q: How to cfg both Broadcast & Digital Cable chan

Postby scsd1492 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:01 pm

I have this working now.

I'm not exactly sure why it wasn't working and now it is because I didn't change anything.
scsd1492

Return to General Discussions