Recording digital channels from my cable provider

Recording digital channels from my cable provider

Postby korey » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:44 am

I've been using Mythtv with ubuntu then mythbuntu for a long while now. I have three hauppauge tuners recording analog signal from my cable provider. One of those tuners supports digital cable and I get about 8 digital channels on my HDTV (I don't own a digital cable box, these are just basic cable channels). I was wondering what is involved in recording the digital channels. I have the digital tuner added as a capture card (so I have 4 total cards listed in backend setup). But I'm not sure about getting the video source setup so that I get the right channels. These channels don't appear to be anywhere in the lineups for my cable provider, so maybe it isn't possible?
korey

Re: Recording digital channels from my cable provider

Postby rmeden » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:22 am

I beleive you need to manually associate the channel with the XMLID from the SD lineup. (because we're not able to send QAM tuning info, it's not automatic)

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby stel » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:10 pm

i think these channels should still be listed along with the xmltv ID. there's still manual work to do to perhaps but much less. it was a big pain for me so i just mapped a few channels i cared about.
stel

Postby slim » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:22 pm

I your cable provider is Comcast you can request to swap you cable box to the Motorola 6200 and use the Firewire port to link them. It will change the channel and everything. Then leave the rest of your setup the same and you will just have the cable channels listed.
slim

Return to General Discussions