Complete Lineup

Complete Lineup

Postby AllenDB » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:31 pm

I have a lineup for my satellite that I want to keep but maybe tweak. In order to tweak it I first would like to download the ENTIRE channel lineup for the satellite. Is there an easy way to say all without clicking the 'ALL' button and then having to reset it back to the 30 or so I have marked? Does my question make sense?

I googled all over the net and there was no place to get a current simple listing of each and every channel for D* so I figured I'd make my own.
AllenDB

Re: Complete Lineup

Postby rmeden » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:52 pm

I assume you're talking about making a backup copy of lineup chosen with the SD lineup editor. You're right, there is nothing in our web app to do it. The "re-add lineup" is similar, but as we try to store as little info on members as possible, we don't store it.

One thing you can do is a get a "lineup report" and print it out to save.
Next, select all channels and run your test.
If you want to restore your "backup", edit the channel list in numeric format and you should be able to relatively quickly add/remove stations (especially using the click, shift-click for ranges)

Not perfect, but maybe it helps a bit.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby AllenDB » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:58 am

Got it done. Just bit the bullet and wrote down the current channels and then clicked ALL. Did a download and then went back and cleared and set it back to the previous channels. Thanks for the reply.
AllenDB

Postby plooger » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Just wanted to add that I have a similar need, though more on an ongoing basis.

I'm a Comcast TV customer with:

* one digital set-top box (VOD and full digital range, sans premiums)
    * two DTAs for receiving only the "expanded basic" digital channels
    * one location with the cable coax feeding analog directly into a Replay

The cable-only location must be addressed by adding a separate "Cable" lineup, but the DTAs and digital set-top box both currently share a "CableDigital" lineup. I can edit the CableDigital lineup down to just those channels I receive on my digital set-top box, but this leaves me having to do a lot of channel editing within my DTA-connected DVRs (ReplayTV) to remove all the channels the DTAs can't decode.

It appears that duplicate lineups aren't supported in SD, at present, so what I'm wondering is whether this may ever be supported, or if this functionality would be expected to reside in the third-party apps?

(I'm looking into whether my application, WiRNS, can help me out, but saw this thread and thought it a good opportunity to get an authoritative response as to SD's take.)
plooger

Return to General Discussions