Trying to find channel WIVM TV in NE Ohio?

Use this forum to report problems with lineups

Trying to find channel WIVM TV in NE Ohio?

Postby nitro001 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:45 am

All,

I am in the Youngstown, OH area (44484) and I have picked up a new Clear QAM channel for RTN (WIVM 52/WIVN 29) when performing my last scan.
I found their website http://www.wivmtv.com/tv/index.asp and they have listings out on TitanTV.com and I found it there as well as on the TVGuide.com website under another
zip code nearby for Local Broadcasts under zip code 44125 (Clevelnd-Akrn (Cntn) Area Channels) under channel 52 WIVM-LP. When I search for that zip code 44125 under Schedules Direct, I see the
Local Broadcasts for the area, but that channel is missing so I can't get the xmlid.

I have even tried using the tv_grab_na_dd --list-channels and getting the xmlid's for the digital lineup and it doesn't exist there either and I tried doing a google search with a site:zap2it.com WIV and nothing comes back.

Any ideas on how I can get this channel xmlid? Is it just missing?
nitro001

Re: Trying to find channel WIVM TV in NE Ohio?

Postby rmeden » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:11 pm

If you're picking it up in clear-qam, is it available in your cable company's digital lineup?

When I google WIVM I see they are based in zipcode 44720. You may want to look at the local broadcast for that zip code and see if it's there.

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby nitro001 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:51 pm

Unfortunately, no luck. Find a LOT of WVIZ, but not WIVM or WIVN or WIVX.
Even tried zip codes 43812 for Coshocton and 44842 for Loudonville.

Doesn't TitanTV use xmlid? maybe some other way to pull out this info?
Otherwise guess I don't have it.
nitro001

Postby rmeden » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:07 am

I looked and Tribune does not have data for WIVM at all.

I also wonder if they're really a broadcast station... on their web page they talk about being carried on certain cable systems, but don't talk about broadcast. Could this be a station that didn't make the DTV switch and went cable instead of ATSC? The web page I found is http://www.wivmtv.com/

You didn't answer my question about if it is listed by your local cable company. If you know where it is located officially, you can submit a lineup report about it. Clear-QAM isn't pontifically supported by the large cable companies. I can't see them spending the bandwidth and not putting it on their digital tiers.

It's also strange that they mention TitanTV on their web page as if they have some sort of exclusive deal.

So much seems strange about this station...

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Postby nitro001 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:12 pm

All,

I know it has been quite a while since this post, and sorry for opening a dormant post, but I am trying to get this channel again.

I finally found the XMLTVID code for it, 34058:
http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?stnNum=34058&channel=989

That is out of Canton, OH, which is still North eastern Ohio, but closer to Central. Interestingly, I found the channel on my Digital tuner box just channel surfing through
the guide and it matches the same 989, so it is offered on our area as the RTV channel, but the Digital and Digital Rebuild listings for zap2it for my zipcode 44484 do not show it. The zip code for Canton, 44701 does show it.

I tried to manually add it via mythweb but mythfilldatabase does not add the guide info, so I don't know how to fix the listing information as we still cannot customize our listing to add our own xmltvid's.

Any further ideas?
nitro001

Postby rmeden » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:44 am

Try

zip: 44612
name Time Warner Cable - Digital

Robert
rmeden
SD Board Member

Return to Lineup Issues