"No Data" listing for some digital channels - RESOLVED

Use this forum to report problems with lineups

"No Data" listing for some digital channels - RESOLVED

Postby glosito » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:40 pm

I am using mythdora 5 with a hd-homerun tuner and a plextor convertx tuner. When I run mythfilldatabase, it grabs all the tv listing info and displays it properly under the listings guide in mythtv, *except* for channels 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3. These are the digital broadcasts for ABC on Cablevision in the central NJ area (08817). All I see is "No Data" for these three channels. I see all other listings for all other analog and digital channels that I can view. I have tried to run the scanner program many times, but nothing ever gets downloaded for these channels. (or perhaps it is downloading, but it's not displaying properly). Keep in mind that when I change to these channels, I do actually see the broadcast in HDTV, so the channel is valid, but I'm just not getting the listing info.

Is anyone else having similar problems, or have had this problem and was able to get a workaround? I'm wondering if there's possibly a bug or if the listings are actually not being displayed for these channels.

Thanks!
Last edited by glosito on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
glosito

Re: "No Data" listing for some digital channels

Postby glosito » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:49 am

I do want to add that it is grabbing the channel names and displaying them in mythtv:

7.1 - WABC-HD
7.2 - LivWell
7.3 - Weather

Which makes me believe that there may be something wrong with the lineups rather than the mythtv config. Else, why would it be able to download the call sign info but not the listing info?
glosito

Re: "No Data" listing for some digital channels

Postby glosito » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:11 am

Resolved. I found a post on the mythtv forums where someone gave the steps on how to remove the listings info and re-add them in correctly. Here are the steps for anyone else having this problem:

1. Open the MythTV MySQL database

Code: Select all
mysql -D mythconverg -u mythtv -p
[Enter the password for MySQL User mythtv]

2. Drop all content of the program table

truncate table program;

3. Leave the MySQL console

exit

4. Re-run mythfilldatabase